LT vs. LS vs. ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaileyk5

Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm new to the tahoe/yukons. the closest thing i have ever had to them is my 72 blazer...

i'm looking to buy a 2000 - 2006 in the near future. what is the difference in the trim packages? i know the LT is loaded out, but i'm not sure about any other differences between the two.

My buddy has an 03, but it doesn't have any badges on it at all. its got the leather seats, but doesn't say anything about it being an LT package. He says its not the LT or LS, but he's kinda stupid when it comes to cars.

What are my options?

Thanks

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that some Tahoes/Yukons will not have any badging on it at all. Yukons have either SLE or SLT badging on them. Mine is an SLE (no leather ect) but has no badging on it for some reason. I do now know why this is. A few of the things that are standard on SLTs and LTs are optional on SLEs and LSs.

The LS is the one that has the least amount features. If it doesnt have leather, dual-zone climate control, XM radio, 5.3L ect then it may be an LS. But if it has 17in. rims, 4x4, 5.3L and goodies like leather, then it's probably an LT. And of course, Z71 is the offroad package.

Danjelo

Reaction score
How about the GMC truck differences? What is the difference between the Yukon, and the Yukon Denali vs. the different Tahoes?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There used to be a base model that came with vinyl seats and manual windows but I think they quit making them for 2003.

For 2000-2002........

Base: vinyl bench, manual windows, 4.8L V8

LS: 4.8L or 5.3L V8; Standard vinyl seats, optional cloth or optional leather w/o heated seats, single-zone manual HVAC. A co-worker has an LS with vinyl seats but power locks and windows. I've seen several with leather bu they never had the heated seats in them.

LT: Standard leather w/passenger and driver heated seats, single-zone auto HVAC

Z71: This was available but early ones didn't have all the added trim like the later ones. It's really an LT with the offroad package (skid-plates, heavy duty shocks, etc.)

The 2003 models got a revised interior and added optional automatic Dual-zone HVAC, memory seats on the LT, power-folding mirrors on the LT. I think in 2004 or 2005 they quit putting the LS badge on them.

Third-row seat was optional on all trim levels...best for kids or people you don't like.

The Denali has "wood" trim on the dash, all the goodies and the 6.0L V8. I think they were standard all-wheel-drive but could be wrong there. Otherwise a Chevy or GMC is just your preference for how the front end looks.

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 03 has no badges, came with tahoe in 3 places sides and back, but other than that, nothing

BLINDSIDE

Reaction score
My Father Has A '95 Tahoe Lt. It Has Running Boards,cd Player W/changer,ps(no Lumbar Or Heat),pw,pl, Cargo Doors, Leather. 5.7l V8
I Have A '95 Tahoe Ls. It Does Not Have Running Boards,has Cd Player No Changer,ps(with Pass. And Driver Heat And Lumbar)pw,pl, Leather 5.7l V8, Mine Does Not Have Cargo Doors. Besides That, The Only Difference Is He Has 140,000 Miles And I Have 88,000 Miles. We Both Have 16" Rims (he Has Taller Rubber) And 4wd. He Does Not Have The Towing Package, But He Does Have A Hitch And I Do Not. He Also Has Duals That He Put On (sounds Good Too, Mine Is Still Stock..............4 Now).

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the GMC truck differences? What is the difference between the Yukon, and the Yukon Denali vs. the different Tahoes?

I have a yukon SLT. there are a lot of differences between the yukon and denali. the denali has different running boards and fender flares. also the denali is AWD. also comes with the 6.0litre motor. leather with power front and rear seats i think. 17" wheels. front and rear bumpers are painted instead of chrome. projector headlights and different grille.seat heaters? I know that there are things that im missing but thats a few that came of the top of my head

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is alot such as the blinkers on the mirrors, power folding mirrors which I just found out mine had recently optional heated mirrors they are awd and 6.0 with better trannies, wood grain dash and doors, heated seat front and center seats bose standard, in dash cd changer, its goes on and on

C4nni6al

Reaction score
Police package??

So I have a 99' tahoe with the police package, dual spots, antennas and all. Has the 5.7L V8, 2WD, 4 door, cloth seats, A/windows and locks.. what whould the spec be on badges??? LS, LT, SLT??

markvdb

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe LS. No exterior badging, but the original window sticker called it an LS. It had to be custom ordered, because it has the 5.3, running boards, power passenger seat, power driver seat, power windows, locks, mirrors, front and rear air but not dual zone up front, cloth interior, premium ride package, towing package. I haven't found an order package with those assorted extras in an LS. I bought it in 04 with 20k, it has 95k now.

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the glove box at the Service Identification tag. All the RPO codes are there, you can look these up and identify exactly how yours left the factory.