Made the switch to Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since my Geo Tracker about 12 years ago, this will be my first Chevy.

Trading in a 99 Expedition with 142,000 miles that gave me very little trouble. Great car, the suspension is starting to go, so it was time to go.

Pickin up a 4x2 Hybrid. New, but about 650 miles on it. Loaded, for 42k then the 2,200 fed tax credit.

I haven't seen it yet, but a good friend owns the dealer, and says it's good to go.

This form has been a HUGE help. I talked to the owner on the phone, told him exactly what I was looking for. He found it, and I also had him remove the hybrid sticker on the bottom, install the 2 way advanced remote, and get the center tray organizer. It was nice, because of this place, I gave him the part numbers for everything!

I wasn't totally dead set on the hybrid, but I think I got a good price.

Also, didn't think I need 4 wheel drive. Live in Chicago, but I plow with a jeep wrangler, so whenever it's snow'n, I'm workin, and the Tahoe will be nice and warm in the garage.

Thanks for all your help guys! Next on the list is the lockpick!:yesnod:

I'm hoping for 9 more trouble free years outta this thing too!

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats to a fellow Chicagoan! You have a pic of your Hybrid 'Hoe?

Thanks, and no, haven't even seen it yet:smilielol: Pick it up tomorrow. My friend took my truck to the dealer today to see what they'll give me for it. Getting it from Apple Chevy in Orland Park.

Texasguy

Reaction score
Arlington, TX (Home of the Tahoe factory)
Congrats on the new Tahoe! My 08 Tahoe is my first Chevy after owner four Hondas in a row and I am completely enamored by it. I hope you enjoy the switch to Chevy and let us know what you think about the Hybrid after owning it for awhile, I'm curious to hear from the owners on how well it works and the real world MPGs.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Chevy! What color did you get?

Black on black. My cars have always been black, and yeah, they're hard to keep clean, I just can't force myself to get something else. I did tell the dealer I didn't care about the interior color, I liked em all. So he made that choice for me on what he could find the quickest.

And yeah, I'm interested to know what real world numbers will be too. I'll keep ya posted as I get some miles on it.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black on black. My cars have always been black, and yeah, they're hard to keep clean, I just can't force myself to get something else. I did tell the dealer I didn't care about the interior color, I liked em all. So he made that choice for me on what he could find the quickest.

And yeah, I'm interested to know what real world numbers will be too. I'll keep ya posted as I get some miles on it.

Good color. But its alot a black to keep clean. :)

I use a California Duster on it everyday.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the Hybrid Tahoe. As you can see from my screen name, I have a Yukon, but it is not a hybrid. I also own a 99 Eddie Bauer Expedition. It has been a great vehicle, it still is. It has very low mileage. I have always been a GM guy, but in 1998, really came-up, on a Deal for the Ford Expedition. The Expedition doesn't have the power, or many of the options, that now come on vehicles.

Last edited:

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. My 10 mile drive to work is about 75% highway, 25% city driving.

The best I could get with the Expedition was 14.0 MPG.

I got 24.2 MPG each way yesterday in the Hybrid. I did not expect numbers that high, and have only put about 50 miles on this thing so far.

I'm pretty impressed!

After 2 days, the fuel gauge hasn't moved! I'm not used to that....

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. My 10 mile drive to work is about 75% highway, 25% city driving.

The best I could get with the Expedition was 14.0 MPG.

I got 24.2 MPG each way yesterday in the Hybrid. I did not expect numbers that high, and have only put about 50 miles on this thing so far.

I'm pretty impressed!

After 2 days, the fuel gauge hasn't moved! I'm not used to that....

Nice. Where are the pics!?!

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some pics. Tried to get some scenery in the background, but didn't turn out as well as I thought it would.

I'm not big on the 'tree hugger' thing, so I had the dealer totally debadge the hybrid stickers. I know, some might think it defeats the purpose of getting a hybrid, but whatever.

Attachments

• IMG_9545.JPG
    IMG_9545.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9546.JPG
    IMG_9546.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9547.JPG
    IMG_9547.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9548.JPG
    IMG_9548.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 6

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the center tray organizer. A must!

Attachments

• IMG_9549.JPG
    IMG_9549.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 13

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the power system. And, the 'made in Texas' sticker!

Attachments

• IMG_9552.JPG
    IMG_9552.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9554.JPG
    IMG_9554.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9555.JPG
    IMG_9555.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9556.JPG
    IMG_9556.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9557.JPG
    IMG_9557.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 9

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First pic was from last night, and this morning. Mostly Highway, about 70-75 MPH (maybe 70 miles) and about 10 miles of city driving

Second pic was this after noon. About 60 miles, mostly highway. And doing about 60 MPH. I reset this pulling out of my driveway, and this pic is taken back in the garage. I'm not used to driving so slow, but that mileage is just ridiculous!!!

I almost want to say that Chevy lied saying 22 MPG!:smilielol:

Attachments

• IMG_9551.JPG
    IMG_9551.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9562.JPG
    IMG_9562.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 10