Mcgaughy's 2/3 Drop ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel

Reaction score
Will this setup still keep the rear a little higher than the front? Also does the rear have a harder ride with the Mcgaughy springs?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it sits higher its just a very little bit..most end up sitting level after the springs break in...the ride is just a little firmer I wouldn't call it hard...but I did notice the difference when I took the kit off and put my factory springs back in.

Diesel

Reaction score
Anybody know how to keep the rear from being so firm? Wish they made a 2 1/2 drop in the rear.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Mcgaughy's 2/3 kit worth buying or should i just keep the stock height. I want to still have the luxury ride some what.

freyguy

Reaction score
I'm very happy with it on my wife's tahoe. One major area of concern....don't let the rear axle droop too much when putting on the springs and put tension on the rear ABS lines. I did this by mistake during install and now have to buy new ABS lines since the Traction Control and ABS kicks in on occasion in parking lots. No biggie, just a mistake on my part.

But, I wouldn't call the rear too much firmer, just a bit "bouncier" with the LTZ suspension. Almost a caddy like bounce after big bumps. Not bad at all though, and the wife who is a pain when it comes to aftermarket stuff, really likes the kit. Ours is pretty dead on even, and you can even play with the rear height a bit if you have an LTZ. Someguys bend the ride height adjustment links in the rear to go higher/lower.

preston

Reaction score
I just got my 2/3 kit delivered today and plan on installing it tomorrow night. I'll let you know my opinions of it this weekend after I get it aligned and the new 22's put on.

Diesel

Reaction score
I'll be getting mine in a couple of days. I plan on purchasing the air bag kit also since I will be pulling a boat. Has anyone pulled a boat or traile since lowering it?

freyguy

Reaction score
I've pulled a couple different boats with no problem since being lowered. An 18ft Jon Boat with a 75hp outboard, and a 20' fiberglass with a 305ci inboard/outboard. No problems pulling either. Worked like a charm, and pulled each at least 1.5 hours down to the beach.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay which kit to get? I have the LTZ but i dont know if i have "auto ride" on mine. Oh I have 4x4 also.

freyguy

Reaction score
The LTZ's all have the auto ride. The McGaughy's deluxe kit (spindles and springs) will work with the autoride. It requires you to bend the rear adjusting links, but it's pretty easy. I wish they would come with new links, but hopefully sooner or later they will. I know some others do now.

Diesel

Reaction score
Put mine on Thurs in about 3 hrs. with no problems except alignment was way off. Ride is a little harder but nothing to complain about. Look is awesome and really set off the 22's. Feels nice to not have to climb in my truck as if it was a 4x4. Thanks Jaytizzle for the hell-of-a-deal on the kit.

Jaytizzle

Reaction score
No worries Diesel! Enjoy! You gotta cruise by so I can check it out!