Metra GMOS-04

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbo126

Reaction score
I just finished installing a new Kenwood DD navigation. I read the reviews for the Metra adapter and I did see a lot of people were having problems with it but it was the only adapter I could find to keep my stock amp and speakers. But after completing the install with everything hooked up correctly I have a light crackling in my speakers at all times. Then when I turn the volume up not even pass half the speakers begin to pop. I am going to try to put a filter on the RCA's and then then give the box its own ground instead of using the ground from the trucks factory harness. If this doesn't work does anyone know of any other options I could try besides the Metra unit. I don't have onstar by the way.

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check this page out ...
http://www.pac-audio.com/vag.html

i have an 04 Tahoe, no steering wheel controls, no Bose(not anymore) and no Onstar. I just ran all new wiring, considered an upgrade from factory.
I ended up using the C2R-GM24.
you may need that or the cm-1.
I would call pac audio to make sure. i did, and their tech support is great.

rushgator

Reaction score
That's a good link. I'm glad to see that there is an alternative to the Metra GMOS-04. The reviews on Crutchfield.com about it are almost all bad, including some catching fire!

cotily03

Reaction score
I've got one installed and it works great. Bought it used off of ebay, BUT luckily the guy sent me two adapters... one was dead and the other one works great... think they are very finicky...

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
scosche also makes one. i dont remember the part number but that is what i carry at my store. no problems with anyone i have ever done. Also i am sure that the PAC audio one is prob really good. most of there stuff is great!

vwb5t

Reaction score
Used the GMOS-04 and no issues at all with the install everything works and sounds fine.