More problems that need to be solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyCantstop

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forums but here are some issues I'm having with my Tahoe Once again I'm still having the vibration issues and banging into gears. I took the car to the mechanic it was there for 3 days I just got it back today he said that the Valve in the engine was blow and he needs to take the whole motor apart just to see if that is really it for 800.00$ but the catch is what if it's not that problem these are his words and If it is the problem then it's around 800-1000$ to get replaced. He said the car was able to be driven to but that's not the issue here now when I put my car in park the RPM'S go up to about 2000-2500 and if I put in reverse it goes back down and any gear. It just rev's the engine up I'm just not even about to replace this thing I'm thinking about a new car I've had my tahoe for 4 years five coming up in like 3 months but I've never had this issue until this mechanic did it and he has took this truck before becuase I had to replace my cadillac converter and he has also replaced my speed sensor in my 2010 Dodge charger so what's the problem now I'm actually not about to pay 900$ something dollars for this 4 year old truck I really want a new one but the mechanic also told me that this 5.3l v8 in my truck is the worst thing GM has ever produced he said he feels bad for everybody that's stuck with one of these trucks!!

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to disagree, but the 5.3 Iron Block is bulletproof. Many have upwards of 200k no problem. Sorry that your particular motor is bad, few outliers do exist from time to time. Heavy duty engine and very durable.