My first problem, (electrical)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your switch needed adjusting? I ruled it out since you mentioned that your third brake light was functioning properly. Interesting.

Oger

Reaction score
It sounds strange that the third brake light would light, but the switch was bad. I know things are fixed, but are the LED lights polarity sensitive like other LED lights that I have used?

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leds are polarity sensetive.If you hook them up backwards all kind of wierd things will happen.

yah maybe taking out the brake switch...hehehe

weird thing though if the brake switch was bad how would the 3rd brake light be functioning I thought all 3 (tails and 3rd light) were all connected together?

Glad yah got it fixed!!!!!..cant wait to see pics of your new leds!! :)

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake fluid you mean? Never heard of Halogen Fluid.

no halogen fluid then the halogen lights don't work.

hahahah it was a joke. Theres no such thing as halogen fluid, just halogen lights.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leds are polarity sensetive.If you hook them up backwards all kind of wierd things will happen.

LED's are not exactly polarity sensitive. It is usually a diode in place on the positive side, so if you hook them up backwards, they simply do not light up.

What kind of weird things are you referring to?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah maybe taking out the brake switch...hehehe

weird thing though if the brake switch was bad how would the 3rd brake light be functioning I thought all 3 (tails and 3rd light) were all connected together?

Glad yah got it fixed!!!!!..cant wait to see pics of your new leds!! :)

http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=6494

I had already posted pics when I first put them on. And the brake switch actually work for awhile then went out. Didn't happen as soon as I put the lights on. Because I tested them when I first put them on and everything was fine. My bad though I assumed everyone knew I had them on for awhile. :D

6liter

Reaction score
LED's are not exactly polarity sensitive. It is usually a diode in place on the positive side, so if you hook them up backwards, they simply do not light up.
I guess that makes them polarity sensative.
I am a truck mechanic and have worked on lots of trucks using Led's and if you don't hook them up properly than most times they just don't work but sometimes you can run into ground problems that can be a pain to diagnose.