my First Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Feimer74

Reaction score
hello all I just bought my first Tahoe.Its also my first ever Chevy.Its my second GM vehicle (88 Grand Prix).i bought a 2001 LS for $9,600 tax included.It has only 82,000 miles on it leather sunroof power everything but no third row seat.oh well i want the cargo space.The ride is unbelievable.Traded in my beat up mercury mountaineer (snowstorm accident).My Tahoe only had one owner and a clean title.did i get a good deal?Reguardless just drove 100 miles home from dealer and so happy with the feel and ride.looking forward to talking to you all.God Bless

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly like Bowtie said, as long as your happy.

Everyone has their opinion. Next time try to do some research on the vehicle before buying it. I do think the price is a little high for a 2001. I think you could have talked the guy down a little especially after trading in a vehicle for it. I got a deal on one but I got it off a buddy and mine, but it has high mileage, 200,000 on it now. I couldn't be happier with my Tahoe. It's one of the best rides I've ever owned.
Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

HSpencer

Reaction score
Vehicles are normally priced by the miles and year model. A 2001 is normally hitting around $6,500 for an average one. Yours is very low mileage for an "01. I have an 03 at 86,500 miles and I consider it low miles. If your Tahoe is real clean and no problems, you got a deal on that.

Feimer74

Reaction score
It is super clean,no rust or problems,one owner,and truck is from texas.love it

HSpencer

Reaction score
Feimer74

Sounds like you got yourself a cream puff. I like any Tahoe from 00-06. These are beginning to show up on lots as the owners want something new(er). Many loved these but want the new body style (07 up). Personally I like the 00-06 better. The Tahoe and Yukon is a great value in a used vehicle. Year model is unimportant if the Tahoe was well taken care of.