My Latest Offers - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guardian

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new 2008 Tahoe. I've contacted several local dealers via E-mail and here's what I've gotten back. Need some expert opinions.

Vehicle 1:

2008 LT3 Z71, White with Ebony, Ebony/Light Titanium interior. Has LT3 package, Nav, rear seat entertainment system, and of course, Z71 package. They're asking $42,100 plus TT&L.

Vehicle 2:

2008 LT3, Blue Granite Metallic with Dark/Light titanium interior. Has LT3 package, Nav and rear seat entertainment system but not a Z71. They're asking $40,750 + TT&L.

Both vehicles come with the power liftgate, rain sense wipers, and just about everything else.

I test drove both vehicles and they drive great. My wife doesn't like the back seat ride on the Z71 but she didn't ride in the back seat of the plain LT3.

Another dealer has this offer:

Vehicle 3

2008 LT3 with Z71 package. Blue Granite Metallic with Ebony/Light titanium interior. This one also has the Nav and rear seat entertainment plus eveything else. They're asking $43,000 plus TT&L. We haven't test drove this one but plan to do so next Wednesday.

All prices quoted include the current $2,000 discount.

I'm not ready to rush out and buy any of these but my Wife wants Vehicle #2 right now! :lol:

So, anyone care to share their opinions.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO.............negotiate face to face . I never have settled on a number throught the internet.

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually negotiated on the phone and pitted 3 dealers againts each other until I got the price where I wanted it, $10,900 off of sticker on an 07 so make sure to let each one of them know what you are looking at if they are different dealers. I would go for the white Z71. Let the dealer know that your wife is very interested in vehicle two and get them to match the price. Good luck.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$10.9K off is VERY good. If you get that, get the one you like..