My new Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also There are a few more things on the console I have to get going on.

I took the tray from the stock seat and I gotta form that into it.

IMG_0780.jpg

I also used the mount bracket from the stock seat also to bolt the whole console down. hence the moving of the crossover.

IMG_0778.jpg

Now the crossover will be in the amp rack under the second row kinda like this...

IMG_0781.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut the rear panel for the amp rack at work yesterday. But the ol lady took off for the day and its raining so pics later.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to make patterns yet again to seal up a couple of those holes. I have to make the baffles to get the Dayton 8" midbasses in also. I was just bored so I opened it up for now.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

I'm gonna try to get some noise going before June for the Michigander meet.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know where I gotta cut the door.

There is more to come out than this but its a good reference for now and I wanna get the body saw out!

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Like I said. I'm gonna be all over this truck for a month...lol!

I gotta have stuff to do while the resin cures you know.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I started to deaden too. I didn't get very far cuz my buddy came over and we threw in a ride on the mountain bikes. If its nice I may part out the door so everything isn't in the way and deaden it all tomorrow.

IMG_0809.jpg

Yep I'm a goofy lookin bastard!

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Tomorrow I should be able to show a deadened door.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door is deadened. Except where the speaker will be since I have to cut. Gotta run up to the hardware and grab some flashing for the holes of course. I also have luxury liner from a Limo shop for free so I will use that on the doors as well.

IMG_0814.jpg

This is the idea basically. Just some cut to fit and paint to match left on that.

IMG_0815.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran up to the hardware and grabbed some aluminum.

IMG_0816.jpg

Then I went out and threw some tape on to make a pattern...

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Peeled it off and transfered to my aluminum...

IMG_0820.jpg

Proceeded to cut it out...

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

A little RTV to maker bond a little and seal some...

IMG_0825.jpg

Drilled holes and riveted....

IMG_0826.jpg

And had to make extra cuts here and there and have to compromise and make some other pieces for the hinge bars and such. This is where I stop for the day.

IMG_0827.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the updated door. Few more to go but this was the hard part and its over.

IMG_0828.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good, I can't wait to pull my doors apart the rattling from my ported L7 is driving me nuts.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm going to end up building my own door panels. Its just gonna be sweeter that way.

I started a beauty panel for the 2nd row rack but I don't like it. Not the panel itself but the idea. I'm going to use the bedliner finish on the box and was gonna slap some on the rack base also. In my head it looks nice with the chrome finishes of the amp. I'm gonna do away this panel.

IMG_1041.jpg

I'm envisioning a more industrial look with the bedliner and chrome from the amps, crossover and screws.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I have to shorten up my current RCA's to make em nice and direct.

I will have the start of my box pics this weekend. 1 of 2 woofers are on the way.

I'll post pics of my RCA cable fabrication....lol

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got some more stuff done.

I have to make cup holders and remove the console to assemble it but I mocked it up today and I like it. I'm going to take it out when I'm finished making my RCA cables and can lay all the wire after I deaden the floor.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

I have started the box for the BTL's finally

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Probably more box work tomorrow. The cup holders to if I remember where I put the stuff to make em...lol

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went to town and got the the seats and carpet out. It was a great idea to run to my Uncles house and knock this out.

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Then it was just on to your usual deadening application....lol

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Threw down on the wire a little.

IMG_1115.jpg

I'm over that now. I hate it!

IMG_1116.jpg

The road noise was diminished. I was surprised there wasn't any stock stuff at all. I have a little more to do but all you hear now really is the wind through the seals...lol

I just did the floor mostly to get it done while I was there. I'm just gonna keep pushing the rest of the week to see where I get.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looking good man. Deadening's a PITA. I hate it, but it's worth it in the end. Looks like your project's coming along. How much longer you think before you finish it? I want to see how it turns out. Good job so far:thumbsup:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good man. Deadening's a PITA. I hate it, but it's worth it in the end. Looks like your project's coming along. How much longer you think before you finish it? I want to see how it turns out. Good job so far:thumbsup:

Well JK I want it to make some noise here this month which will happen. I want to make sure everything is good before I do all the finish work. It will be functional here shortly.

I may end up with 10" midbasses for the door on the final panel build. The A Pillars will be redone when I make sure they stay that way. The tweeter is still under debate.The console needs some trimming done due to the floor raising a little bit.

I just want to play it til the new kid comes and I have to haul little things around. I will do all finish work during the fall season I think.