My new Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im doin some audio to the Tahoe and startin with the A-Pillars. I figured I'd share cuz its a Tahoe!

IMG_0080_2.jpg

These are just sanded with a disc just to rough it up. Drilled holes so resin will bond a little bit. The pantyhose won't fill the panel too much so it will go in after I'm done.

IMG_0119.jpg

I'm making baffles today and have to test the drivers before I wrap but you will get to see everything! Later Guys!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been busy so getting over to the woodshop is slow but I ran into a cosmetic issue with the square driver and am trying to resolve that, I will post as soon as I get it done.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with the octagon cuz the square baffle was too bulky for my taste and countersinking the driver looked too deep even with 1/4".

IMG_0146.jpg

Also the basket is so close to flush that you need to leave some bulk on the baffle to work with. Definitely surface mount drivers.

IMG_0145.jpg

Now I'm gonna get them test fitted back into the ride and aim em up and get the imaging to my taste. Along with the tweeter. My amp is supposed to be here today so I may start on that this weekend.

IMG_0143.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have changed my mind again on the baffle it happens!...lol

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright that took more time than I thought. Life is busy. I figured I'd start the new year off right and get to work so.....

I changed the baffles from what is in the last post. Decided to put em in the back of the baffle.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

I then used some 4" cardboard tube. Its so much easier than gluing a damn tripod. Let alone having the weight of the driver also.

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

I dont have pics of them inside the Hoe yet but prolly will this weekend. I need to make the tweeter pods during the week and then power em up before I wrap to make sure evrything is good.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

If you were eying this thread sorry man I was busy but things are rollin along so far. Im trying to get a Feb 10 mock up done. I also made the "commitment" cut to the panels for my Dayton RS225-4 8" midbasses.

IMG_0391.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm just about ready to wrap the A-pillars decided a different way to mount tweets to find out whether or not I will have them on or off axis. I'm trying to do a temp install by Feb. 9th so I'm kinda bouncin all over the thing.

Tinkered a little bit with wire and deadened the A pillars

IMG_0502_2.jpg

I also managed to get around to removing the console. I start that tomorrow. I wanna get at least a skeleton together.

IMG_0501.jpg

Just to show it out for an idea of how its bolted in there.

IMG_0495.jpg

I threw a temp amp rack together too. The base is gonna be my pattern but for now she just provides. No cosmetics yet. Fits right under the second row.

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got a little done on the console I just need enough to run the system but I will be getting more done to it though. This is my progress from today.

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

It may be moved forward a little bit more not sure yet though.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a helluva project. What are you doing with the stock radio space? 6.5" LCD?

I'm gonna put a cheap DVD player in there to run some headrest monitors for the kids.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna put a cheap DVD player in there to run some headrest monitors for the kids.

Gotcha. If you're not dead set on doing that mod yourself, I got some cheap Innovatek 11" LCDs already in the monitors for ~$250 shipped off ebay.

The upholstery matches almost perfectly - I was pleasantly surprised.

I'll take some pics of those tomorrow, as well.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything is great but why did you make a new thread and link it to here?????

also for more inspiration go here www.mp3car.com

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything is great but why did you make a new thread and link it to here?????

also for more inspiration go here www.mp3car.com

I made it here first I just thought it would suit the photos too incase people weren't interested was it a bad idea?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. If you're not dead set on doing that mod yourself, I got some cheap Innovatek 11" LCDs already in the monitors for ~$250 shipped off ebay.

The upholstery matches almost perfectly - I was pleasantly surprised.

I'll take some pics of those tomorrow, as well.

Let me see em I got money goin out to an amp right now but I could try to fit it in

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well most people just BUMP a thread (that means make a post in the thread and it goes to the top )

I made it here first I just thought it would suit the photos too incase people weren't interested was it a bad idea?

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Innovatek Headrest LCDs I got from mp3playerstore (.com and on ebay)

These are ridiculously large 11 inchers, but they have 7 and 9 inch versions, too. After install, I wish I had gone with 9", but the big screens are pretty dope.

I couldn't believe how well the upholstery matched.

Attachments

• DSC_1962.jpg
    DSC_1962.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_2007.jpg
    DSC_2007.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 15

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Innovatek Headrest LCDs I got from mp3playerstore (.com and on ebay)

These are ridiculously large 11 inchers, but they have 7 and 9 inch versions, too. After install, I wish I had gone with 9", but the big screens are pretty dope.

I couldn't believe how well the upholstery matched.

Yeah I seen them on ebay but the pics sucked. pretty decent picture? Do those fit in the Tahoe seats? Did you have to "force" them in?

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good on that console, cant wait to see it finished should be sick