My new Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my Avionics pal Matt (red shirt) came over and we figured we'd wire the console up to have our harnesses before the final build and so I can jam in February!

IMG_0533.jpg

If he wouldn't of came to help I would have been bored as **** and gave it up for the day.

IMG_0532.jpg

The daughter likes her car audio too if its out. She is my little helper, I cant wait til she can run wires and do deadener...lol

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

I'm not good with solder just yet so bare with me on that.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

For a days work with Halo 3 breaks and pizza we did damn good. Its ready for power and a mock run I like it.

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

If goes well and my fuses I ordered come in tomorrow I will throw the alt in and run power and ground from the bat to the console. Put the A Pillars in and uh the amp rack is pretty much ready to go too I can jam tomorrow if things go right.

Oh yeah my plan is to use the bottom bracket of the middle seat as the mount so its getting built into this.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's coming along. Where did you find all those connectors? I need some of those!

Looks like your pup was trying to help out too. Use him for a crimper?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's coming along. Where did you find all those connectors? I need some of those!

Looks like your pup was trying to help out too. Use him for a crimper?

Harbor Freight FTW! They crimp nice too. I hinted my buddy for some and he bought me em for christmas woo!

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding. Man, I always pass by Harbor Freight knowing I should never go in - I'd leave with a hundred bux worth of el cheapo tools :lol:

Now I have a reason to go in there! Damn you!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have Dash Mat recommendations? I ordered one from stylin trucks to try one but i will take recommendations if that one isn't legit. I just need it to eat up some reflections from these A Pillars. They are crispy but I want to see if the mat makes a difference as been said. I'm gonna throw my 6.5 midbasses in the doors for now. I dont want to rush the doors they are VERY critical to my midbass. I'm gonna throw the Opti Drives in and play with em for the road.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah put the console in powered it up no probs you gotta like when it goes like that.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mock up! More tuning to do for a bit though.

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

These midbasses are OK and the door isn't deadened or anything it just brings out the bottom end of the riffs for now.

IMG_0555.jpg

I think I might work on deadening next, but I also have to upgrade the battery bank ah hell there is all kinds of stuff but I can jam now while I do it.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the alt in tonight. 20 minutes. I'll take pics during the day tomorrow.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered deadener! Gonna do the floor first. I already have the cargo area done from like 2 days after I bought the Tahoe...lol But yeah just a heads up.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in the pause during removal and getting going on deadening soon. I cut out some rings for the doors and to keep me busy and on the ball I decided to start another project with the RE 8's sittin around.

IMG_0677.jpg

According to the math I got half a cube at 35 hz which is supposed to be Optimal for em so I'll do it that way. These tubes are easy to make and sound great too. I had made some for my Premier TSW2000SPL's and they rocked. You can see one of them in the Living room in the pics back.

2 rolls of Raamat are here though just gotta wait til I get in the garage to do em up. Starting on finishing the floor first then onto front doors.

Later Guys!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't take long to get it together. I will show a finished pic after this one.

IMG_0679.jpg

It actually surprised me the output it has...lol

And the alt pic I was supposed to show.

IMG_0680.jpg

Just gotta throw in some batteries!

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your truck a 2500? Its interesting that you have hydro boost brakes. just a little something I noticed. the install is looking good. cant wait to see everything all finished.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Cyclops is here anyway. I might start a sub floor this week.

IMG_0715.jpg

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm a driveway worker no garage so I gotta do what I can when I can. Its good to have started projects in every stage because of this. When I cant get to the woodshop or garage at my friends I do all the crap in the drive way.

The amp rack is tacked together. Just have to trim and fit. More pics to come when I can get going. Friend is going on a cruise.

IMG_0762.jpg

What I actually did today was made some "get close patterns" for the center console. I may be doing more work to it this weekend. I figured I show how I did it to help others.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769_2.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

Pretty self explanatory I think. I will get going on some more though. I took the 2nd row amp rack out so I can get going on that. I had to move the crossover from the console cuz of the mounting bracket. So I'm gonna tie that in under the seat with the amps.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have time, could you snap a pic of all of you under-hood electrical mods? The one above is good, but you can't quite see everything. Tx

Anvilair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incredible!!!! Really great thread!!!! I will be keeping an eye on your progress and I can't wait to see the finished product!!!! Nice job!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have time, could you snap a pic of all of you under-hood electrical mods? The one above is good, but you can't quite see everything. Tx

The only thing you cant really see is my crappy battery. When I run the new Big 3 and put the Deka in. I will gladly show another pic and a detailed Big 3.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the rear carpet out. The V1 I tried stayed put everywhere I put it. Its not thick though but stays. I'll give it that. I also had a Dynamat Door kit laying around so I stabbed that over top of it in the floor. Its all good. I'm just using BXT everywhere else...lol

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

I may run down to Bay City to my uncles and put her on the lift. I wanna get under there and bolt the sub floor down. If I have to drop the fuel tank it will be a hell of a lot easier on a lift....lol

The sub floor is as big as the box will be, joy!