MY Truck had this alarm when I got it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets start by saying I know NOTHING about alarms... other than they always f*ck up on me.

Its the "Echo" by Omega. I have no idea if its a good alarm, not too worried about it. But I have a couple of questions:

Why do I have to press the "unlock" button 3 times before it unlocks the doors.
Same thing for when I arm it.. It will arm with the first click, but I have to press it atleast 2 more times to lock or unlock the doors.

Any ideas?

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alarm quirks

My wife's factory alarm on her Grand Prix requires two pushes to unlock all the doors. First push only unlocks the driver. Second does the other three.

I am assuming that the problem you have is not a faulty unit, but the way it's programmed.

I agree with you that it kinda sucks to have to go through all that to operate it.

I'd try to locate a PDF manual online for your specific unit and see if it's re-programmable.

Try here
http://www.caralarm.com/manuals.asp

Later
BH

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I have followed the instructions in the manual, but had no luck. I was wondering if there were any alarm guys here that would know any little tricks with this thing. It actually locks/unlocks the doors all at the same time. My other car only activates the driver door on the first click as well.