my truck is running rough and has trouble starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigperk1

Reaction score
ive recently replaced o2 sensors, cats, cap, rotor, fuel filter, and plugs and wires. my truck has 193000 5.7 4x4. running very rough but no loud clanks it just feels like a miss fire or two. Also in the morning or any time i start my truck COLD it fires right up. if the truck is HOT it has a hard time starting (up to ten cranks) i feel like pumping the gas helps and also turning the key a few times on and off to run the fuel pump also improves hot starts. I'm thinking my timing is off and fuel injectors need replacing. but im not sure. please Help!
Thanks

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
You're going to have to do a fuel pressure, fuel volume, and injector bleed down test.

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what if you start the truckwith the throttle all the way open. i have heard that that canreset some things

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your timing is probably off, among other things. 190k is a lot of miles for the timing chain kit. I'd bet you that the chain is stretched and sloppy. If you can't tune it, that is probably the problem.