Need fuse help: Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
I was looking for the fuse that controls my underhood light, I think I shorted it trying to install a new bulb. I still haven't found it which fuse.

In trying to pull one of the fuses, I accidently pulled the black wire in the pic which goes from a 25amp fuse to an empty slot, I can't remember which hole it goes in. Here's pics, can anyone help?

Also still looking for the proper hood fuse as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Tahoe 004.jpg
    Tahoe 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 8
  • Tahoe 005.jpg
    Tahoe 005.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Tahoe 002.jpg
    Tahoe 002.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 10

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
Oops sorry, forgot to mention I was desparate. Wife is staring right at me and asking WTF I'm doing pulling fuses.

I'm afraid to start the truck up in case I blow other fuses or something.

Looking for an answer moreso with where the 1 end of that black wire goes and not the one already in the fuse plunked into with the 25amper.

Thanks again.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
Will someone post a pic or two of their underhood fuse box located on driver's side just above the wheel well. It would really help me to see why the previous owner may have placed a wire(from a fuse to an empty slot) quite possibly where a fuse or relay was supposed to go.

Thanks.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell your wife to back off. A real man should be able to pull a fuse when necessary. :D

The wire looks kinda home made to me but I'll check out my own car.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I suspected my car didn't have the wire. But I've got an 04 Hoe. Maybe there's a difference. But I think I read somewere the a wire like the one you have can alter the function of the lights. Maybe it's something like that. Starting the car shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you can see changes now compared to when the wire was in. Just make sure that the wire doesn't touch anything else and cause a short.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
Hah! I was able to pull the fuse I needed to see but with needlenose plier, not that cheap plastic contraption provided.

I ended up putting the end back into the relay hole, and found a spare relay bouncing around in the black fuse box. My assumption is they bypassed it because the relay wasn't working.

All I know now, is its functioning as before but it can't be healthy having a wire going from a fuse recepticle to another, there probably should be that relay going into the empty spot, so was hoping to get a pic to show me that.

As well, still haven't found the fuse going to my underhood enginebay light and my power sideview mirrors are not working now as well. Possibly on same fuse?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the wire might have something to do with the lights like 667theneighour said. Something to do with the 4hi mod maybe. As for the underhood light, I didnt find anything about it in the manual. Did you check the bulb to make sure it didnt burn out when you stuck it in there? I have had that happen before. As for the mirrors check the fuse RAP#1. If you are standing on the side of your truck its at the top of the fuse box. Hopefully its something easy, if not maybe someone else has had experience with it.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
As I suspected my car didn't have the wire. But I've got an 04 Hoe. Maybe there's a difference. But I think I read somewere the a wire like the one you have can alter the function of the lights. Maybe it's something like that. Starting the car shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you can see changes now compared to when the wire was in. Just make sure that the wire doesn't touch anything else and cause a short.

I'll try pulling the wire out and putting it back for results tonight, wife's taken the car to Yoga. Yes, I'm for "limbering":shhh:

If you wouldn't mind so much to send a pic of the fusebox, regardless if it's an 'O4 it may be the same. Will leave it to you if it's not too much trouble.

Anyhow, also tried putting 2 new bulbs into the underhood lamp and both went. So will buy a couple of more, but methinks its a fuse or relay issue lest it's a short in that line to the lamp.

Yes and thankyou Puckhead on the details for the fuse on the mirrors, I'll check at the same time as I do the wire.