Need help with gauges PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kazkadaz

Reaction score
It's a 1999 tahoe, I bought the truck like this, and I been trying to figure it out but I just can't, I've done research but everything seems to be for the NBS, also with the stepper motors seems to be for the NBS, and it's driving me crazy, I attach a video to better give a understanding of what I'm talking about, at idle the RPM gauge is at 2500, the fuel gauge buzzes back and forth, it'll read empty yet I have half a tank left, the volt gauge reads all the way to 19v, and the temperature gauge we'll sit at 100* when the engine is cold. If anyone can hell, or wants to meet up and help (I honestly suck with electrical) I'm in La Mesa, San Diego, I wouldn't have a problem providing some brews and lunch, as long as I can get some help

Can I just take the gauges out and put them in the right place? A ground maybe(if it has one)?

The only two accurate gauges are the oil pressure and speedometer! Hahahaa

http://youtu.be/1fZ8HBAciho

Last edited:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a meter to verify voltage output of the alternator at back of alternator to case (looking for 12.6-14.8 or so depending upon off/idle/rpms).

Check grounds (yes there are plenty, check out www.autozone.com they have a repair guide section and it includes some decent wiring diagrams.) Behind left side of IP is where the dash ground is.....