Need some ideas..have about $300 to spend on the Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got some money that was owed to me and I have about $300 to spend on the Tahoe for winter..I already have a 93 octane BB tune, Magnaflow exhaust, HIDS, 5% tint and put my system from my truck in( 18" BTL with Kicker 2500.1 amp).
I just want to do a little something more for the winter since it will be my daily until April. Tires are good, shocks are good..all maintainence is up to par. Inside is super clean..I just really dont know what I can get for $300 or under that will have an effect. I could get the mouldings removed, mirror caps repainted(scuffed) and front bumper cap painted to match(was originally, but prev. owner put a new one on and they didnt paint it)..But I really dont want to put any fresh paint on before winter..id rather wait until spring. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks a bunch

I want to lower it 3/5 and I can do that for $300, but I think i would like to wait until after winter for that..if I get by all winter with no problems and I think i can do it with the drop, then ill do it..

What about some nice silver/white face gauges? nice upgrade for the interior i suppose..anyone have any links for them? Can I install a trans temp gauge, or would that take a whole new cluster (im guessing cluster)
Aqua
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...rim&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=1868
Escalade silver
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.as...ults_trigger=&partfamilyid=5775&partid=558040

Anything performance wise? Dont really want to drop $300 on a CAI, but maybe electric fans?

I think I will build a new box for the sub..this one is from my blowthrough in my truck..id build it all the way along the seat and not as deep so id still have room, but thats only about $30 to build

CIMG4384.jpg

CIMG4383.jpg

CIMG4382.jpg

Sub
CIMG4367.jpg

Interior
CIMG4323.jpg

CIMG4322.jpg

CIMG4325.jpg

Last edited:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
K you worked on air coming out. Use that money and work on air coming in. I would go with a CAI setup of some sort. That might even help out with your tune.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking..but I wanted to build my own CAI from pvc as ive seen a few people do..I have a k & N right now..but the thing is I need E-fans to be able to build the CAI because of the fan shroud being so close to the TB

Well between the keys and the 5" rear coils and shock relocators it would be right around $161 for coils,then keys..comes out to $210 shipped from Boostaholic..plus $50 for an alignment..

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I cant remeber where I saw it, perhaps you can post some links to the homemade CAI. I dont think the one I saw had an e fan

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From following other posts I'm not so sure you could do the e-fan thing right for under 300. If I had and extra 300 to drop I'd buy an AEM Brute Force CAI.

Oh yeah, dude, get a new purse, the white classes with the interior.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From following other posts I'm not so sure you could do the e-fan thing right for under 300. If I had and extra 300 to drop I'd buy an AEM Brute Force CAI.

Oh yeah, dude, get a new purse, the white classes with the interior.

LOL busted..ill yell at the girl to get a new one..

Do you think a true CAI is going to help me out that much? Ive heard varying stories on them..

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL busted..ill yell at the girl to get a new one..

Do you think a true CAI is going to help me out that much? Ive heard varying stories on them..

I'm not much of an expert, other folks on here could answer that one better. I put one on my 2000 Durango 5.9 and saw a 2 mpg increase as well as slightly better throttle response but it seems like some people say you don't see much with these trucks. To my logic, if it can breath easier it ought to help things but then I haven't been able to try it for myself. My first step is the Blackbear tune, I'm on the waiting list right now and pretty stoked about it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop being a bitch and buy an AEM, last filter you have to buy and it does help power esp up top. PM me and I'll ship you one along with some 3/4 ton keys, then you can buy my used 4" springs once I install the djm 5" and you'll have a cheap ass 3/5 drop if you pull the rear isolators.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop being a bitch and buy an AEM, last filter you have to buy and it does help power esp up top. PM me and I'll ship you one along with some 3/4 ton keys, then you can buy my used 4" springs once I install the djm 5" and you'll have a cheap ass 3/5 drop if you pull the rear isolators.

ditto:thumbsup:

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would attend to that ugly sub box. I am one that prefers function over form but you should clean that one up. Some vinyl or carpet would go a long way to making it look a lot better.

Jon

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM sent Boostaholic..

Design- The box is straight out of my truck from my blow through..it sits in the bed of my truck and was waiting for bedliner before i put it in the tahoe..I prolly will build a new box pretty soon and make it look nice