Need to replace my Interior door handles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthalex8

Reaction score
I just purchased a 07 tahoe ltz.. it has higher miles already(40+) and the previous owner just happened to to wear out the interior door handles..They are chrome coated...the chrome is pealing off...I have tried to google search for replacing them..no luck....Does anyone know a vendor .....thanks...:au: dealer cost is $122...wow..

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your local Chevy/GMC dealer, they can help you best with that, shouldn't be expensive too!

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Your door handles are worn out at 40k +, these types of parts should last longer than that. The GM dealer should be the best place to find a handle for your 07’.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do not want to take it to the dealer for something like that. They are over priced and are not any better than independent shops for that. Do search for replacing the outer handle. I did all of mine. The short instructions are pop the small square piece out some of the center of the inside lock then pull the lock button off. Then pull the plastic piece off behind the inner handle and remove the screw. Next pop the plastic piece off wher you grab the door to pull it closed and remove the 2 bolts. Now pull out on the panel, you have to pull very hard once all the pop tabs are popped liflt the panel up. Disconnect the window switch wires. Release the cable for the inner handle by pinching the 2 tabs with pliers the remove the cable. Then you can unscrew the inner handle from the panel.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey MDTahoe1 he's having troubles with the interior handles and not the exterior ones.
By the way if you're still under warranty get them to replace it for free.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since he's at 40K+ miles, don't think warranty w/ work unless there's some kind of TSB out there. Or extended warranty.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that ( it says that in the op)but once the panel is off the interior handle is easy. If you follow the instuction for the outside handle all the way to the point of changing the outside handle you will be at the inside panel. I guess I forgot to type that. I meant to say do a seach for the outer handle (because I know I have seen that) and the inside is similar. However my last line says "then you can unscrew the inner handle".

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mis type then you will be at the inside handle (not panel)

anthalex8

Reaction score
I did a google search for exterior handles..I am getting no where with finding the interior handle. Except the dealer...$122....

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$ 122 is very high it only takes 20 min or less. Did you find exterior handle. If so follow those instructions up to the point of changing the outer handle . go to chevyforum.com and do a seach under tahoe I have seen the genuine gm insructions posted for outer handle. Or follow what I told you above. You need a pocket screw driver, a phillips screw driver and a 10mm socket. The outer handle instructions tell you how to remove the inside door panel, The inner handle comes off with the panel and is attaches on the back side with screws