Need Wheel Advice - Black/Chrome or Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwb_denali

Reaction score
Well, I'm new to the fourm as I just picked-up a 04 Denali. Looking to get these 22's, but unsure to do in Black/Chrome or all chrome and wanted some opinions! Also attached what I tow around so you can think of the total set-up. I'm leaning Black/Chrome, but wish the bezel was chrome. I just know you can't go wrong in all Chrome and worried the Black will not turn out as expected...

Wheels: 22' Double G 215's
http://www.wtwcorp.com/dbl-215.html

Attachments

• 215_black_chrome_cap.jpg
    215_black_chrome_cap.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 215_chrome.jpg
    215_chrome.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5
  • LakePic.jpg
    LakePic.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG00012-20090218-1532.jpg
    IMG00012-20090218-1532.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 9

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrome for sure I think the black ones look cheap and small I am sure they are not though but IMO you cant go wrong with chrome easy to care for and look great!

Repo503

Reaction score
Id go all chrome or all black if possible...Not a fan of chrome and black together. Car and boat look good though.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those first ones look good.. but... and maybe im alone here... store bought black wheels on a store bought black truck just looks too easy.. like it doesnt even look "custom" to me anymore.

Get some face wheels with no lip and have them sprayed black! Thats murder...

rwb_denali

Reaction score
It's like a 50/50 split among my buddies. I just think the Black/Chrome is a bit more unique the just Chrome, but it may not be what I think like I said.

I'm going to stick with these wheels as I like the style and have a hook-up.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'd say definitely the black and chrome, it ties in with the rims on the boat trailer.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not even a question - black IMHO!

Edit: go 24 :D

Last edited:

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will look sweet as hell bro and it will match 100% against your trailer too

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are lucky enough to have a black denali, get black rims to match

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww hell I like both of them! I'm a big fan of chrome but with your setup I'd go with black and chrome IMO!

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like black wheels with a chrome lip...not feeling the chrome center on those. I'd go all black or find one with just a chrome lip if it were me.

Either way, badass boat and trailer man. I wish I had some toys like that to tow around with my Yuke. ;)

rwb_denali

Reaction score
Well, after a lot of though I'm going with the Chrome and will have a Black Bezel on the outside lip. I would love to have the Black/Chrome, but agree with most in that they would be much better in Black w/a Chrome Lip. I'm just worried the Chrome in the middle of the Black will only look good very close-up and not give the wheel a lot of dimension.

Will post pics when I get them in. Sticking with 22's as I have to have a bit more utility then most while trailering...boat/trailer weight is approx: 5,600lbs

rwb_denali

Reaction score
Quick Question to all, I have a deal on some 305/40/22's for tires. Was going originally thinking 305/45/22. What is the recommendation/thoughts between the two?

Thanks in advance!

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best of both worlds :D
bWL0123.jpg

bWL0143.jpg

alot for the Yukon
http://www.wheelpros.com/appguide.asp?year=2004&make=GMC&model=4301