New Exhaust on my 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jthom0072000

Reaction score
I just got a magnaflow muffler and customized dual exhaust installed on my Tahoe, it sounds great :thumbsup: and it does have a quicker throttle. Does anyone have an idea how many HP's it added and gas mileage improvement. Just want to get some info.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your looking at about 10HP and about 10Ib Torque

jthom0072000

Reaction score
Thanks Nnaboy, I do feel the difference when I step on the gas. Does it give an improvement on gas mileage? I always take the Tahoe on Long Trips (300 to 500 miles) but have not had the chance since installing the new exhaust. I see you have Magnaflow as well.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a Magnalfow also with a Black pipes and a dual walled tip and I love it. Perfect sound, you will notice higher MPG's and throttle response for sure like I noticed. I get about 420 miles to the tank right now.
Also your exhaust system will get louder after you break it in like mine did, it sounds mean now!:sla:

jthom0072000

Reaction score
Nice to know, I have a White LS 4WD I've only added 22 inch black rims & tires and the Magnaflow with dual side exhaust. Love the sound. I'll just probably add the fog lights, when I get the chance.

Thanks again for the info!

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
fog lights are a very nice addition i did it to my 08 yukon and it was relatively easy. i ordered the parts ftraight from the dealer because it needed a harness that i could only find from gm

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are nice, especially with HID's!

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jt and Nnaboy-

Do you guys mine posting pictures of your trucks with the exhaust?

Tdahew

Reaction score
jt and Nnaboy

What made you guys go with Magnaflow? I am in the market to add dual exhuat on my 08tahoe LT. Didn't know if Magnaflow was better the Flowmasters or any of the others. I am not looking to be heard miles away but I do want a meaner roar. Right now is sounds like a little old kitten. Also did you both have the pipes on one side or split to go behind each wheel?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then a Magnaflow is just right for you by what you said!
I went with Magnaflow becuase it is a notorious company known for good exhaust systems that not only sound good but are proven to have HP,MPG and Torque gains.
Flowmasters are mostly loud without any proven gains.
I have a single in single out setup. Provides the exact sound I was looking for. Nice rumble when started and driving at low gears and barely louder than stock at highway speeds with a nice purr with NO drone at all.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and I can't post a Vid for you but all you have to do is gon to the Magnaflow website at www.magnaflow.com and click on 07 Avalanche catback system on there. It sounds just like your Tahoe will sound just yours will be a little ouder than that after breaking it in (driving wth the new exhaust for about 300-400 miles)

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all comes down to preference. I prefer Magnaflow as well (for trucks), though my '63 has a Flowmaster on it due to the fact that I needed something really slim due to the air ride setup on it.

Magnaflow vs Flowmaster? Chevy vs Ford? These arguments will live on forever (provided we keep printing bailout money!)

Just go with whichever you prefer. There are no major performance differences at all.

As far as the sound, it all comes down to the SIZE of the muffler. I purchased a smaller Magnaflow because I wanted it to sound a bit louder.

Go to their website, listen to the clips under "Hear it!". Listen the Tahoe/Sub/Yuk clips as well as some of the Silverado clips. You will hear a difference in loudness. Most of these share the same engine. The only difference is the size of the mufflers in the kits.

I liked the loudness of their '07-08 Silverado kit and noticed they had a smaller muffler on that so that's what I did.

I've yet to get it installed. (havent had time!)

jthom0072000

Reaction score
Tdahew,

I went with Magnaflow because I want that mean rumble and at the same time not wake up the whole neighborhood when I'm driving. It really depends on what you want. People have recommended different types of Exhaust that will work. I have Stainless steel pipes behind each rear wheel, great clean look in my opinion.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have decided to go with the Magnaflow set up also. I'll probably just switch the tip and make it a dual. Can anyone tell me where they bought their kit at? Everywhere I'm looking (i.e. Ebay, Summit, Autoanything.com) wants around $550 for them. Just can't afford that right now but I am ready to put a lil rumble on the Hoe.

jetskied

Reaction score
e-dub. I got a kit for my burb on Ebay. Its a single in/out. You can get it for about $450 shipped if you make an offer on the guys who allow offers. Check with Jenna Bear she also have good deals. FWIW I personally think it would be more economical to purchase a Magnaflow muffler single in dual out and have a shop make dual pipes out.

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just thought i'd through my opinion into the mix. Firstly I've had my Burb for about 20hrs now yes I'm a Suburban Noob but not at all to the chevy brand. I have in the past only purchased Magnaflow as I just like the sound and quality of their product. Having said that I purchased my '07 Suburban with a flowmaster single in/out system on it already and it sounds remarkably refined and yes im surprised and satisfied. It sounds tough enough to be aftermarket yet its still refined. All I did today was run it over to my muffler guy and have him cut of the single 3" tip and put on a matching pair of dual walled tips.
Hope this helps
Jonathan