New Eyes for Big Sexy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I finally got some projector headlights for the Burb. Big difference so far. I can't wait to try the out at night. Just hope a damn deer dont cut in front of me.

I installed Silverstar H1 55 watts in the low beams and they came with Farenheit 9005 100watt highs

SSPX0192.jpg

SSPX0193.jpg

Now to modify them for the added turn/corner light.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look preety cool. Are you gunna keep them that way or add HIDS???

Edit- Is it possible you could take night pics with it pointed to a wall or your garage door. So we can see how good the cut off is?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Yes I want HID's. Sure if I can remember, I'll take some night pics for ya.

I actually got them from a dude on GMFS $85. They are TYC.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
But I still wanna know how to put HIDs in fogs. Plus I need some schooling in HID 101.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I still wanna know how to put HIDs in fogs. Plus I need some schooling in HID 101.

just go anywear you can get HIDS and order 880 HIDS then they will require NO MODIFICATIONS to fit, they will just fit in like your stock bulbs. BTW great price and even better quaity ones TYC makes the best aftermarket projectors IMO, they use E-code (england code much strictor regulations) meaning a MUCH better preforming lighting system, HIDS only make it better.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like:thumbsup:
I also like how you refer to the Suburban as "Big Sexy"

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looking good:thumbsup:. And like RT said, just get an HID set with 880 bulbs. Google HID color temperature and you should be able to find a few articles about the difference between the output color of the bulbs, then you can decide which one you like and go from there.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can do a couple things with HIDS. The way i did it on the 06 was all of them were 4300k for most light output. But if i had to do it again I would do 5000k for my lows 4300k for my highs. and 3000k for my fogs 4300k is the most light output, but tends to be yellow. 5000k seems to be the perfect mix of brightness and light output, and 3000k is a REALLY YELLOW for fowel weather. But any HID set up is cool. I have found that cops dont pull people over, or people dont flash as even stock HIDS are annoying (yet I love them) so they just think its all stock. ESPECALLY in a projector.

BigE

Reaction score
is the light output noticeably better than the stock lamps?

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like that? We run LED headlights out here...stupid bright...blind you from a mile away kinda bright..but they are just TOO focused..Its kinda turning me off when it comes to getting HIDs for the 'Nali..

I've gotta feeling if you get HID headlights (focused projector lens + focused HIDs), they might be more focused then you would prefer...but I dont know that for sure

Also, why arent there any LED headlights out there for us? I'm about to start mailing these Humvee lights home too hahahaha

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
LEDs period are a relatively new thing in the automotive field. Add to that the fact that not until just recently have some LED mfg started LED head lights.

I would venture a guess that LED headlight bulb are prolly another year off for the aftermarket. But even then, you will be paying a premium.

FWIW, you got any info on an H1 LED headlamp bulb?

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW? whats that stand for...

yes...ummm, I believe H1s use the exact same headlights as the HMMWV (humvee)...

what would you like to know about them? They are the typical round light, they plug and play (swap out with the incandescent) because everything is built into the headlight housing (bulb) itself...just disconnect old style headlight and plug new style in...
Low beams are the top half of the LEDs...High beams are Bottom and Top halves (ALL the LEDs) at once...extremely bright white

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh thats not what I was thinking...H1 is the rating or whatever? I got no clue...thought you were talking about Hummer....my bad lol