New Owner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

halld

Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 Tahoe with 124,000 miles. Couple of questions since the previous owner didn't have any service records although it appears it was maintained very well.
What items should I be aware of that may need maintanence at this level of mileage?
Does anyone know where I can get a duplicate copy of the original window sticker as I'd like to see what options are all on the vehicle?
How can you tell whether it's got the 5.3 L engine, vs one of the other? The owner thought it was the 5.3 but wasn't 100% sure.

The guy who owned it appeared to take good care of it although didn't really know much about vehicles in general. I likewise don't know much as you can probably tell by the questions...thanks.
Dave

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 Tahoe with 124,000 miles. Couple of questions since the previous owner didn't have any service records although it appears it was maintained very well.
What items should I be aware of that may need maintanence at this level of mileage?
Does anyone know where I can get a duplicate copy of the original window sticker as I'd like to see what options are all on the vehicle?
How can you tell whether it's got the 5.3 L engine, vs one of the other? The owner thought it was the 5.3 but wasn't 100% sure.

The guy who owned it appeared to take good care of it although didn't really know much about vehicles in general. I likewise don't know much as you can probably tell by the questions...thanks.
Dave

Ok, you're really fresh off the NOOB bus, lol.

What you should really do is change all fluids and filters first.

You can check your RPO list inside your glove box and refer to this http://aplsweb.com/Topics/TopicPix/RPO.pdf to know what you have.

That will also let you know what engine is in fact in the truck.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, you're really fresh off the NOOB bus, lol.

What you should really do is change all fluids and filters first.

You can check your RPO list inside your glove box and refer to this http://aplsweb.com/Topics/TopicPix/RPO.pdf to know what you have.

That will also let you know what engine is in fact in the truck.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Go to a GM dealership and ask them to print out an options list from the GM vehicle inquiry system. It lists all your codes and options and takes them two seconds and its a lot easier than going out and finding all of your RPO's and matching them up.