New Piaa air dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all I just picked up a piaa air dam at the local junk yard places of all places for 80 bucks..only problem is that it's black..on a white tahoe..lol

piaaai1.jpg

i'm wondering how much a body shop will charge to paint it white ....is this something i could do BUT the bumper paint that I saw doesnt come in anything close to white :(

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sh*t'll look good man,good luck.wish our crapyards had stuff that decent layin around...

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im relyin on the pick a part to do my 03 silvy front end swap.:yaya:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all I just picked up a piaa air dam at the local junk yard places of all places for 80 bucks..only problem is that it's black..on a white tahoe..lol

piaaai1.jpg

i'm wondering how much a body shop will charge to paint it white ....is this something i could do BUT the bumper paint that I saw doesnt come in anything close to white :(

you are going for an off-road look im guessing? that will look great! its not for me and the look im going for with my Hoe but i think with an off-road look that will be sweet!!! im interested to see how the paint matches up because you know what im planning on with my white Hoe. what "bumper paint" are you referring to? i know you saw the white tahoe with the white wheels, that air dam looked gangsta!!!

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think hes going lower, but that may have ferg... i know a couple of people were lookin for it. i think it would look bada$$ 2 inches off the pavement:yesnod:

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are going for an off-road look im guessing? that will look great! its not for me and the look im going for with my Hoe but i think with an off-road look that will be sweet!!! im interested to see how the paint matches up because you know what im planning on with my white Hoe. what "bumper paint" are you referring to? i know you saw the white tahoe with the white wheels, that air dam looked gangsta!!!

There is a bumper paint made from dupont and yes I sure did see that white tahoe thats why I like the front air dam turned white. I think it makes the tahoe look awsome ..other than that gray valance that us Lt's have and others :)

Right now the part I have is black and I'm not sure what it would look like once it's on the truck i also have a white tahoe ....I dont want to install it ..then decide to paint it :)

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, great find! Those are becoming harder and harder to come by, so to stumble across it like that is really lucky.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a junk yard?? Man thats a really good find. I better start hanging out more at the junk yards....

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think hes going lower, but that may have ferg... i know a couple of people were lookin for it. i think it would look bada$$ 2 inches off the pavement:yesnod:

i dont know about that been 2 inches off the deck!!! that air dam is def for the offroad look IMO.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a bumper paint made from dupont and yes I sure did see that white tahoe thats why I like the front air dam turned white. I think it makes the tahoe look awsome ..other than that gray valance that us Lt's have and others :)

Right now the part I have is black and I'm not sure what it would look like once it's on the truck i also have a white tahoe ....I dont want to install it ..then decide to paint it :)

im about to take off the side moldings with the chrome strip on it. i think that will make it much more clean looking!