NEW SPEAKER, OPINION POLL Whats Yours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am installing an Pioneer AVIC-F700BT in my Yukon This weekend. While I am at it I would like to upgrade the speakers. I'm rather clueless on what speakers to get. Everyone has an opinion, Whats yours

LIVE from STEELERS NATION

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I'm running Infinity Kappa components. They sound good, especially for the price. I've used Alpine Type-R components, Focals, MB Quartz, and Eclipse in the past. The Infinitys have decent, well rounded midrange and upper mid bass response and crisp highs. Depending on tweeter placement, the highs can get a little tinny if you use the +3db boost on crossover. But if the xover jumper is set to 0db, they sound great. There are more high-end and better sounding speakers out there, but for performance/dollar ratio, the Infinity Kappas are great.
Are you planning to use an amp or just power the speakers with the new HU? Don't forget to take that into consideration when choosing speakers.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I'm like you JK, I would also X2 on the Infinity Kappa. I had those in my previous vehicle and they had a nice sound to them.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put polks in the silverado. Component speakers. It has two 10 inch polk subs, honestly, If I just did the subs, I would have been just as happy. I really cant notice a damn difference, other than LESS base and volume from the Polk speakers. JMO. My polks were 329 a pair as well. So they were not the cheap kind.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always heard those Kappas are supposed to be real good. I have always used Sony though and have never had any problems with them. I have had my subs for a good 5 or 6 years and they still hit, even with one of them cracked.