New Tahoe 3rd Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjung

Reaction score
We have a 2000 Tahoe and it's been the best car we have ever owned. Went out looking at new Tahoes and very disappointed that you now are FORCED to take the 3rd row seating. In 2000 it was optional. I talked about it with the salesperson and he said to just take it out and store it in the garage. LOL....like I really want to waste garage space with a big 3rd row seat. Went to GMC and they are the same way as Chevy. Hate to say it but after many-many years (since 1971) of being a devoted GM buyer ie: Vettes, Camaros, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Caprice, and a Corvair....I guess no more GMs for me.

Last edited:

ecc-10fan

Reaction score
You aren't going to buy because you have to take the 3rd row? Buy the Tahoe, sell the 3rd row if you really don't want it. That's what we plan on doing.

cjung

Reaction score
You aren't going to buy because you have to take the 3rd row? Buy the Tahoe, sell the 3rd row if you really don't want it. That's what we plan on doing.

No I'm absolutely not going to buy. I think that the Tahoe rear loading configuration is different with the 3rd row seat taken out. Haven't really checked but I believe that the rear loading area will not be flat like in our 2000. Hate to say it but we're going with another make. Their seats are stow-away....something that GM should have done with the Tahoe/Yukon.

cpezie

Reaction score
The 3rd row in my 2013 folds up to the back of the 2nd row and creates a barrier i.e. forms the storage area. The storage area is flat. I have other things that I don't like but the storage isn't one of them.

cjung

Reaction score
The 3rd row in my 2013 folds up to the back of the 2nd row and creates a barrier i.e. forms the storage area. The storage area is flat. I have other things that I don't like but the storage isn't one of them.

Thanks...I'll check it out.