New (to me) Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jplinville

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2005 Tahoe LT with 60K miles today. I think I did fair with the price at $14k. Picked it up from a dealer. It was a Certified Used car and came with a pretty decent warranty, so it's covered if it breaks.

Anyway, here it is...

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6

04Z71HOE

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase

I just recently picked up a 2004 z71 for $12k

Attachments

• Photo173.jpg
    Photo173.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo172.jpg
    Photo172.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 4

jplinville

Reaction score
Thanks man, I can't wait to get a little mud on the tires

I've got an F-250 for that, my Tahoe will rarely see anything but pavement...not because I don't think it would be capable with a lift and tires, but because it was bought as a gift for my wife, so I could get my truck back from her. LOL

04Z71HOE

Reaction score
I've got an F-250 for that, my Tahoe will rarely see anything but pavement...not because I don't think it would be capable with a lift and tires, but because it was bought as a gift for my wife, so I could get my truck back from her. LOL

Haha, well I had a 2004 mach 1 before, and I live in colorado, i am also an avid hunter so I needed something that would get me up the mountains I hunt/fish at.

jplinville

Reaction score
Haha, well I had a 2004 mach 1 before, and I live in colorado, i am also an avid hunter so I needed something that would get me up the mountains I hunt/fish at.

I have an Exploder as a daily driver, the F-250 for fun on the trails and such, and a Mercedes 560SL for weekend fun...and that's just in this state. When I moved from Utah, I left a travel trailer and a 2001 Durango in storage at a friends ranch. When I moved from Ohio, I left a 1968 Jaguar XKE in pieces, a 1072 Charger restored race car, and a 1979 Thunderbird in storage in my garage there. I also have a 1976 Chevy C-20 flatbed on the farm in Ohio.

I too many vehicles in too many states...

04Z71HOE

Reaction score
I have an Exploder as a daily driver, the F-250 for fun on the trails and such, and a Mercedes 560SL for weekend fun...and that's just in this state. When I moved from Utah, I left a travel trailer and a 2001 Durango in storage at a friends ranch. When I moved from Ohio, I left a 1968 Jaguar XKE in pieces, a 1072 Charger restored race car, and a 1979 Thunderbird in storage in my garage there. I also have a 1976 Chevy C-20 flatbed on the farm in Ohio.

I too many vehicles in too many states...

I'll travel to Ohio for a 1972 Charger in a heart beat!! So if you want me to take that car off your hands since its just sitting there id be happy to cough cough lol. You have a nice collection of toys.

jplinville

Reaction score
I'll travel to Ohio for a 1972 Charger in a heart beat!! So if you want me to take that car off your hands since its just sitting there id be happy to cough cough lol. You have a nice collection of toys.

LOL The Charger was my dad's race car. It has a 383 with Hemi heads that were altered to fit. He raced small tracks for about 5 years, then, after watching his brother wreck at Kil Kare in 1978, he gave it up. We restored it about 15 years ago and bring it out for cruise ins. To me, the car is priceless. The emotional tie to it bars me from ever selling it.

The Jag was his as well. We began the restoration after we completed the Dodge, but his health started failing, and he passed away November of last year before we could complete it. One of these days I'll get the itch to complete it. Luckily there isn't any rust issues with it, most of the issues are in the Lucas electrical parts...which have plagued Jaguar for many, many years.

I'm a car nut, I can't help it. I see something I like, and I do everything possible to get it. In the nearly 25 years I've been driving, I've owned and sold nearly 50 cars, ranging from 4 Yugos to 2 BMW 3 series, an old Dodge D100, an F bodied Roadrunner street rod, and a few rat rods. I'll own them for awhile, do a little wrenching and sell them for a small profit, so I can buy something else...It's how I deal with the stresses of work and life in general.

I've been eyeballing a Corvair in Utah for a few years...that may be my next project if I can ever get the guy to sell it to me. My wife turned me on to it 3 years ago when we lived in Utah. It's the same year, color, and package that she had as her first car when she was younger. The only difference is the color of the ragtop...her's was white and this one is black.

I just gave my 18 year daughter old a cherry 1976 Chrysler Cordoba with a warmed over 440 Max Wedge as her 18th birthday/Christmas/graduation gift. I worked on that one for a little over a year. I have a 1972 F-250 2X4 that I'll be working on for my 15 year old to drive when she gets her license...she's always preferred trucks over cars.

Ok...Hi, my name is Jon, and I'm a caraholic.

04Z71HOE

Reaction score
LOL The Charger was my dad's race car. It has a 383 with Hemi heads that were altered to fit. He raced small tracks for about 5 years, then, after watching his brother wreck at Kil Kare in 1978, he gave it up. We restored it about 15 years ago and bring it out for cruise ins. To me, the car is priceless. The emotional tie to it bars me from ever selling it.

The Jag was his as well. We began the restoration after we completed the Dodge, but his health started failing, and he passed away November of last year before we could complete it. One of these days I'll get the itch to complete it. Luckily there isn't any rust issues with it, most of the issues are in the Lucas electrical parts...which have plagued Jaguar for many, many years.

I'm a car nut, I can't help it. I see something I like, and I do everything possible to get it. In the nearly 25 years I've been driving, I've owned and sold nearly 50 cars, ranging from 4 Yugos to 2 BMW 3 series, an old Dodge D100, an F bodied Roadrunner street rod, and a few rat rods. I'll own them for awhile, do a little wrenching and sell them for a small profit, so I can buy something else...It's how I deal with the stresses of work and life in general.

I've been eyeballing a Corvair in Utah for a few years...that may be my next project if I can ever get the guy to sell it to me. My wife turned me on to it 3 years ago when we lived in Utah. It's the same year, color, and package that she had as her first car when she was younger. The only difference is the color of the ragtop...her's was white and this one is black.

I just gave my 18 year daughter old a cherry 1976 Chrysler Cordoba with a warmed over 440 Max Wedge as her 18th birthday/Christmas/graduation gift. I worked on that one for a little over a year. I have a 1972 F-250 2X4 that I'll be working on for my 15 year old to drive when she gets her license...she's always preferred trucks over cars.

Ok...Hi, my name is Jon, and I'm a caraholic.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, at least you'll have the cars to help remember him. My dad doesn't know much about cars or even like to go off roading in my tahoe, so we don't have that much in common. So i've been trying hard to get to know him with the time we have left... I teenage girl with a 440 cordoba where do you live, I'll be sure to stay away from that area lol just kidding im sure she is a great driver.

My name is Chris, and I'm an off-road enthusiast