New Wheels........TPMS?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vette013

Reaction score
I got a set of 22's for my 07 Tahoe. I was wondering if you guys that replaced your factory wheels were buying a new set of TPMS or doing without them?? I guess i have to deal with black valve stems on chrome wheels huh?
I want to keep my factory 20's for the winter so I didnt want to yank the sensors from those wheels if you know what I mean.

Also, anyone running Falken S/TZ-04 tires?? Are they any good??

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the opposite you're doing. I bought some 17" winter rims. I bought new sensors from Tire Rack. There's no problem running them without the sensors--you just have to put up with the warning light in the dash and you won't have that extra "saftey" feature of having your tires monitored.

I have one of the sensors broken on one of my winter tires (leaking air). The shop I went to couldn't order a new sensor and told me to get one from the dealer and said they couldn't fix the tire. I told them to just put a regular valve into it so at least I could use it.

I've ordered another sensor from Tire Rack for about $32 because I don't like looking at the warning light in my dash.