New with LOTS of Questions 07 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, first off love the forum and well its convinced me to fix up my 2007 Yukon XL Denali. I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate help!

I want to install an amp and sub JL Audio 100/v2 with 2 12w7's to be exact. I want to know if its possible to do it with the bose system and if not then anything i need to know(Im getting it done from a store)

I want to put change my lights to white. I have heard PIAA is the best, but if anyone has a different opinion let me know. Also, could someone tell me the bulb sizes or kit for all the bulbs in the denali and what color light you would prefer.

Also, i am thinking about painting my grille white? :thumbsup: good idea or no?

I like the flowmaster 50, but want to know if it is the best. Also, what size fitting do i need.

I am ordering the edge evolution. Anything i should know?

KJ

PLEASE HELP! I AM ANXIOUS TO FIX UP MY DENALI.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and you'll find tons of useful information on here by using the "search" function at the top of the page!

Edge Evolution is fantastic, and I would invest in an HID kit (H13/9008), and NOT overpriced halogen gas bulbs (like PIAAs, even though they're quite good). If you really want halogen gas bulbs, consider Sylvania SilverStar Ultras; cheaper, and just as good.

Good luck, and "see" you around!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the audio goes, you can use this interface to gain access to rca outs for your new amp. I'd recommend supplying whomever you have installing it with that device so you don't get sold on some high level converter.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question

hey, posting from my phone
what is THE BEST company for HID lights. i dont want torun any wires or anything.. i just want to swap bulbs. what moodel HIDs do i need for fog, low/high beam, reverse, and front red turn indicators

also whats the highest audio interface. i want to install once and the best

thanks for the reply BTW
KJ

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, posting from my phone
what is THE BEST company for HID lights. i dont want torun any wires or anything.. i just want to swap bulbs. what moodel HIDs do i need for fog, low/high beam, reverse, and front red turn indicators

also whats the highest audio interface. i want to install once and the best

thanks for the reply BTW
KJ

if you want the hid look, your gunna need those fakey blue coated halagons, but if your looking for better light I HIGHLY reccommend silverstart ultras for the front end.

9008 is your high/low beam. its a single bulb with a duel filament . im not sure about the rest but you can get your info here www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

Last edited:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want true HID lights you are going to have to run wires.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree:

Exactly; there is NO current way to get true Xenon plasma HIDs without installing ballasts and bulbs (and safely connected to the OE wiring via an aftermarket wiring harness, usually included in the HID kits). If you don't want to do that, then you are limited to "the look of HID" type bulbs as I (and RT) mentioned, such as the Sylvania SilverStars.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I want to get the flowmaster 50 SUV exhaust for my 07 Yukon XL Denali. I want it for both performance and sound. I don't know what headers are, but was told you have to change them for performance changes. could someone tell me exactly what model i should get. I want either single or dual with rear exit. Also, im ordering it online, so a website would be good. Shipping to Los Angeles, Cali :)
I WANT THE BEST ONE AVAILABLE

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I want to get the flowmaster 50 SUV exhaust for my 07 Yukon XL Denali. I want it for both performance and sound. I don't know what headers are, but was told you have to change them for performance changes. could someone tell me exactly what model i should get. I want either single or dual with rear exit. Also, im ordering it online, so a website would be good. Shipping to Los Angeles, Cali :)

You don't need headers to get an exhaust.

dlz71

Reaction score
Hey,

autoanything.com

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ill get the exaust from auto anything, but its pretty confusing what model to get?? could you give me part number or mode number or something
sorry for the newbieness =)

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is enter your year/make/model and it will give you options that will fit your vehicle.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I picked my car and then picked the flowmaster 50 series SUV exhaust but there are so many options. Theres like all the different inlets and pipe sizes its confusing me.
Someone please give me EXACTLY what i have to order for a 2007 Yukon XL Denali. The muffler pipes and everything, PLEASE!
I feel stupid when i look at the page
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2515A0A0.aspx

also, anyone have a audio clip of the flowmaster 50 series SUV on a denali,yukon, or tahoe?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't think Flowmaster makes anything for the 6.2L. Corsa would be my choice...but you want to call them too to confirm the part number for the kit you want. You can get a dual-tip side exit, or a dual-tip rear exit. There are no split dual side/rear exit systems for the 6.2L w/autoride due to the way the spare tire is mounted and the suspension system component locations. Corsa says it would make the exhaust hang too low, and would restrict the flow to the point where it's pointless. I suspect this is why I can't seem to find any other manufacturers offering a split dual rear-exit system for vehicles with the 6.2L, and would likely have to go custom to get that if I really wanted it...

Last edited:

tommyg

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you want a Flowmaster exhaust?

The first week I bought my Denali and my neighbor say me pull up, his first words were, "somebody put flowmasters on his new truck". I told him , no, that was just the standard exhaust.

Point is, that it's already a pretty "meaty" sounding exhaust note. Guess not enough for some though...

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the sound of the BMW M series and Austin Martins. I also like the sound of the Denali, but would like it a little louder to sound like the BMW M or Austin Martin. I dont like the sport exhaust, but i like the "Mean Growl" so therefore i am going with the flowmaster 50 SUV.

Any Suggestions

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the sound of the BMW M series and Austin Martins. I also like the sound of the Denali, but would like it a little louder to sound like the BMW M or Austin Martin. I dont like the sport exhaust, but i like the "Mean Growl" so therefore i am going with the flowmaster 50 SUV.

Any Suggestions

I run the 50 series on my tahoe but it doesn't sound anything like an Austin martin it sounds like a bad ass tahoe on steriods. You'll love the exhaust espicially under accleration.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey fco gonzo,
do you have the 50 series SUV or a different one?
Does it have the mean growl or does it sound like a truck?
And well a bad ass denali on steroids will do the job for me =)