New with LOTS of Questions 07 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlz71

Reaction score
Hey,
I picked my car and then picked the flowmaster 50 series SUV exhaust but there are so many options. Theres like all the different inlets and pipe sizes its confusing me.
Someone please give me EXACTLY what i have to order for a 2007 Yukon XL Denali. The muffler pipes and everything, PLEASE!
I feel stupid when i look at the page
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2515A0A0.aspx

also, anyone have a audio clip of the flowmaster 50 series SUV on a denali,yukon, or tahoe?

I would take "GetWired's" advice and call flowmaster. I can find the part number for the regular yukon; however, I can't find the xl; that's probably the reason that you see all of the options vs. one part number for the entire kit

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For chrome accessories like the chrome mirror cover and chrome hatch/lift-gate for the Denali should i get or from Ebay item number 180213991007 and 360022638856. I want it like the Escalade! Please let me know ASAP, I have started placing orders for my stuff.

Also, is the RaceMesh Grille or NU Image better. I like the RaceMesh grille more from the 2, but i heard of these two companies for the first time from this forum. Are they reliable and worth it? Is the quality good?

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulk of your items can be found on Ebay. T-Rex makes the best affordable grilles, then Ashanti, then Strut. Exhaust: (1) Corsa or Borla (2) Magnaflows (3) Flowmaster 50 series.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to spend less than $1000 for the grille so the Ashanti and Strut are out. I like the T-Rex, but its not for Denali's, and also it doesn't have an option for the tow hooks to show. I want a mesh grille. Thats why i think Racemesh is the best price and seems pretty good in quality. They had a denali with racemesh grille at SEMA and it was nice.

As for the exhaust i want it to sound as close to a BMW M car and Austin Martin as possible. I like the Denali 6.2l sound, but i want it louder. I don't like the sound of trucks. Thats why I am going for the 50 Series SUV, seems like the best bet

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Volant Intake, is the Intake Kit with Enclosed Air Box ($290) or the PowerCore Intake with Air Box ($315) better? I want performance gain as well as engine sound. Maybe some gas milage. I like the no maintenance part for the powercore! Price is not a problem.
Also, is there an Air Flow Sensor for the volant intake and 6.2l Denali? Does it make a difference or its just adding money to the car?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't like the sound of trucks, then I think the Flowmaster would't suit you. The only BMW M car that would be close in sound is the E39 M5 (V8). That exhaust note is very smooth and deep. In my opinion, the Magnaflow would be closer to what you are looking for. Add the Volant intake and performance chip, and she will be good to go.

I like the Flowmaster truck sound; however, since my wife drives the Tahoe most of the time, the Magnaflow was a good compromise. Although I have the 5.3L V8 Tahoe, I think the outcome should be similar. The Magnaflow deepend the exhaust sound and it was smooth (compared to the Flowmaster).

Hope this helps and post a sound clip when you are done.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way the magnaflow exhaust sound on their website for the 07 Escalade and 07 Avalanche is good. Im concerned tho about how loud it is inside. I dont want it to be too much louder than stock. Thats why i was going for the Flowmaster 50 SUV because i was told it had a loud deep sound outside and sounded like stock inside.
How loud is your wifes tahoe inside?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Magnaflow is actually pretty quiet inside until you stomp on it. I do not think there will be any difference with the dual vs. single tip accept for looks. I agree, the single tip looks better. I am assuming you do not mean a true dual exhaust when you reference dual tip.

A cat-back exhaust system, is the replacement of all the exhaust components after the catalyst beds.