Newbie looking to buy a Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WantAHoe

Reaction score
I'm a contractor & I recently fell in love with the new design of the Tahoe/Yukon & Suburban. I use a Magnum right now, but I find it too small. I need to be able to get a sheet of plywood or drywall inside the vehicle.

So I am wondering if it will fit in the 2007. Also I would like to know if the Hoes & Yukes come in the larger size like a Suburban.

Thanks in advance.
(Future GM owner)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the suburban is the larger version of the tahoe.

and the yukon xl is the sister to the suburban with the regular yukon being the sister to the tahoe.

i have never put boards or drywall in the back, but since i remodel houses for a living then sell them, i bought a trailer and haul the stuff in it, works great as i dont want to risk the inteiror.

you will love the hoe though no matter what.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a sheet of plywood or drywall will fit in a sub...it will barely fit widthwise as it is only 49"wide on the inside. you will definitly have to take the 3rd row seats out of the sub and most likely fold down the 2nd row. if u cant find measurements on chevys or gmc's site let me know and i can get some the hoe and sub.

WantAHoe

Reaction score
the suburban is the larger version of the tahoe.

and the yukon xl is the sister to the suburban with the regular yukon being the sister to the tahoe.

i have never put boards or drywall in the back, but since i remodel houses for a living then sell them, i bought a trailer and haul the stuff in it, works great as i dont want to risk the inteiror.

you will love the hoe though no matter what.

I guess I could get a trailor for the Maggy for now. I usually don't need to carry more than 1-3 sheets at a time, that's why I thought it would be great to just throw it inside the truck.

a sheet of plywood or drywall will fit in a sub...it will barely fit widthwise as it is only 49"wide on the inside. you will definitly have to take the 3rd row seats out of the sub and most likely fold down the 2nd row. if u cant find measurements on chevys or gmc's site let me know and i can get some the hoe and sub.

Can I assume Canadian & American models are the same? I am checking the Canadian site now.

Thanks.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong, im sure you could with the seats folded, im just obsessive with my truck and dont like the inteiror to get even dusty, i dont let anyone eat or drink in it. im just picky, now the outside thats a different story. :umn:

i will measure if you need.:thumbsup:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, you can't fit an 8ft sheet of drywall or plywood in the back of the tahoe even with the 3rd row removed and the 2nd row folded. I'm pretty sure it would work in a suburban or yukon xl though. You can put it in a tahoe if you leave the back open, but it sounded like you wanted it to fit inside.

WantAHoe

Reaction score
i would assume they would be the same. but im 100% on that. why not buy a pickup?

I don't like pick ups. I never really liked trucks before, but after seeing the Tahoe's 2007 design, I fell in love with the new look & having 2 back doors to access the back of the truck really helps.

I couldn't find any measurements on the website, except for cubic ft. I would love to know what the measurements are from the 2nd row seats folded up, to the liftgate closed & of course side to side, you said 49" right.

WantAHoe

Reaction score
Just for the record, you can't fit an 8ft sheet of drywall or plywood in the back of the tahoe even with the 3rd row removed and the 2nd row folded. I'm pretty sure it would work in a suburban or yukon xl though. You can put it in a tahoe if you leave the back open, but it sounded like you wanted it to fit inside.

Thanks, that info really helps. Looks like I'll be shopping for an XL or Suburban then.

Is this forum for Suburbans too?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that info really helps. Looks like I'll be shopping for an XL or Suburban then.

Is this forum for Suburbans too?

i have a yukon xl and have not been kicked off yet, so i guess. :smilielol:

what kind of measurements you want? i will get you some if needed.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i did some measuring and the only way you could fit a sheet is if you took the 3rd row out and folded the 2nd down and had the sheet lay on top of the 2nd row

WantAHoe

Reaction score
i have a yukon xl and have not been kicked off yet, so i guess. :smilielol:

what kind of measurements you want? i will get you some if needed.

from the 2nd row seats folded up, to the liftgate closed & of course side to side.
Thanks

WantAHoe

Reaction score
ok i did some measuring and the only way you could fit a sheet is if you took the 3rd row out and folded the 2nd down and had the sheet lay on top of the 2nd row

So you have the regular sized Tahoe & a sheet does fit with the seats folded down. So if there was a 3rd row folded down, a sheet could fit & be supported? & the gate closed?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok got some questions

do you want bench or captains??

bench is 60/40 so you could fold the 60 part and still have a rear seat and fit boards in captains you can fold half also but with more space.

i will go get some measurements, i just need to find a tape measure as my lazer has a dead battery and needs to charge.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have the regular sized Tahoe & a sheet does fit with the seats folded down. So if there was a 3rd row folded down, a sheet could fit & be supported? & the gate closed?

no i dont beleive a sheet will fit in my hoe but will fit in a sub...i did the measuring in my dads 07 z71 sub.

WantAHoe

Reaction score
ok got some questions

do you want bench or captains??

bench is 60/40 so you could fold the 60 part and still have a rear seat and fit boards in captains you can fold half also but with more space.

I didn't know there were 2 options. I guess captains if it means more room. What looks better?

i think he means first and second row folded.

Ok, now I'm confused. 1st row refers to back seats & 2nd row are the small seats way in back?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there were 2 options. I guess captains if it means more room. What looks better?

Ok, now I'm confused. 1st row refers to back seats & 2nd row are the small seats way in back?

sorry about that, been a crazy day, i think if at all possable in a tahoe you would absolutly need second and third row folded.

in a xl you may fit ( i will see ) with just third row out. but most likely for most room fold the second row.

yes there are two options. i prefer captains as there is more room all the way around and gives the cabin a more open feel. easy axcess to the third row too.

also you could probably get away with folding only one chair insted of the entire row and still have some seating in the middle row.

plus there is power fold seats avaliable with gm too. makes life much easier, im also shopping for a new 07-08 suburban/tahoe.

p.s. the third row seats are just as big as the second rows. while shopping i have also seen 6 captains chairs where there were 6 seperate chairs in all three rows, that would be the best seating option for you i think.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not a Avalanche? Looks like a Tahoe and functions like a truck. Seems like the best fit for your needs. Just my .02