no ac or heat to front of tahoe. rear ok

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iecali

Reaction score
hello everyone. i have an 02 tahoe. i have no ac or heat. to front of tahoe. but the rear blows fine. has anyone ran across this problem

clkelley

Reaction score
Either the blower motor has given up the ghost, or the control module itself has issues not allowing the signal to go through to turn on the blower. However, there is one other possibility, on your year model there is a TSB about the actual plug that plugs into the blower motor itself not being able to handle the voltage when used on levels 4-5 for extended periods, a lot of the time the plugs will burn up or melt causing noticeable smoke, etc. but not always. Start out by going under the dash on the passenger side and remove the cover to the blower, etc and locate the harness and plug that goes to the blower and make sure that the plug isn't faulty or showing signs of melting, etc.

Then if it looks ok, turn the control unit on high and get a volt meter and test each wire lead in the plug to see if you are getting a signal there. IF not then it is probably the control unit that is the problem, If you ARE getting voltage at the plug then the blower motor itself is probably bad.

Hope this helps a little...

iecali

Reaction score
thanks for your help. it definitely helps. any specific way to check wires to check for voltage

clkelley

Reaction score
You need either a volt meter or a test light, a test light would be cheaper and easier if you don't already have either. Then use the "needle" probe to stick in each of the holes for the plug wiring, with the test light, it should simply light up on at least one or more of them if you are getting a signal to the plug. If not, then the control unit in the dash has bit the dust...

NCFD4303

Reaction score
These are noted to have a blower resistor and Plug fail here at the dealership we do around 2 a day when warm or cold weather hits and people start using them.

Mroyal

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem no front ac worki g back working fine we pulled the blower took it to be replace but test it there it worked fine. We were told it was the blower motor module we replaced it the ac worked fine for the night got back in the car yesterday no ac. I have a 2009 Tahoe any suggestions?