No Washers....Now No Heat or Blower....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I hate thee?....Let me count the ways....

Last week, a day after a snowstorm, the washers quit. I had to drive nearly 50 interstate miles in the salt spray with no washer. Last night, blinding snowstorm, 22 degrees, and the blower suddenly quit, it was like someone turned it off! So, I drove another 50 interstate miles with no heat, and thje windows crack to prevent fogging. I was numb by the time I reached my driveway. I've checked the blower fuses, and reseated the relays just in case, and still nothing. It wasn't till I was 10 miles from the house, that I tried the Auxilliary air in the rear. That is working, and it helped a little although the vents were pointed backwards at the time.

Any clues? Any similar events?

Last edited:

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't relate because I've never had to drive in that kind of weather but this definetly calls for taking it to the dealer to check it out. I see in your sig that you're over the bumper to bumper warranty so I don't know if you have an extended warranty.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, I didn't get it. I figured I blow thru the extended warranty so fast that it wouldn't be worth it. Then I got an econobox for the 100 mile daily drive, and now it doesn't look so bad. Too late!

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently experiencing the same issue as you with the washers on my 07 Denali. I've even gone as far as using the heated fluid option and still spits out nothing. The tank is full of fluid and the truck sat in the garage all night, which was probably about 25 degrees or so since it was 0 last night in Chicago. 56K for a truck and the washers dont work? Why do I buy domestic??? :rolleyes2:

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck's in the shop presently, and so far no phone call from them. When I dropped it off last night, I got the ominous "Hmm...never saw that one before (blower issue)", so that doesn't bode well. Stay tuned........

PS I drove nearly 50 miles the other night frozen to the bone, forgetting that I had heated seats that I could of turned on!......:rolleyes:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the heated washer fluid, the cold can freeze the lines. I use the washer fluid that "can't" freeze, that helps, but sometimes water gets on the nozzle and they still don't work. I've had this problem with many cars. The blower motor may have died on you. Parts fail, that's life, domestic or foreign, nothing lasts forever.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I wish it were that easy.....The damn thing will pump fluid till it runs the tank dry. The only way to stop it, is to cycle the ignition. Then it stops working altogether. I have to use the washer antifreeze up here. It's suppose to be good down to -20F. It sprays fine, but once the alcohol evaporates off the windshield, the remaining water freezes up solid. BTW, I do have the (crappy) heated washer option.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the blower problem is fixed. Turned out to be the motor. The tech at the dealer called GM and got them to pick up the bill for the motor. I'm only out the labor which is around an hour or so. I owe that guy something for doing that. Small town dealerships!......

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Just to check have you had the recall performed on your heater washer fluid?