Noise when making full turns....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerStudio

Reaction score
I have an 08 4x4 Tahoe LT with the Factory painted 20s....when I make full left or right turns I can hear a noise that sounds like sqeal similar to a bad bearing noise....is this normal? It doesn't sound like a tire rubbing noise but more of a metal to metal sound. I plan on lowering the truck soon with a McGaughy's 2/3 kit and I would like to figure out what this sound is so that it would be easier to get warrantied before the dealer tells me that my lowering kit gave me that noise.

Thanks in advance!

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 4x4 Tahoe LT with the Factory painted 20s....when I make full left or right turns I can hear a noise that sounds like sqeal similar to a bad bearing noise....is this normal? It doesn't sound like a tire rubbing noise but more of a metal to metal sound. I plan on lowering the truck soon with a McGaughy's 2/3 kit and I would like to figure out what this sound is so that it would be easier to get warrantied before the dealer tells me that my lowering kit gave me that noise.

Thanks in advance!

If I were you I'd take it to them first before you do anything while it's still under warranty anyway. Why lower the truck, and then go tell them it's making a noise? You might as well go when they can't give you crap about a mod to the truck.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 go to the dealer first. However, if it's the noise I am thinking about, all my cars (foreign and domestic) that I have owned at full lock only make that squeaking sound (some louder than others).

KillerStudio

Reaction score
It is a weird squeaking sound at full lock.....is that normal? Can anyone else with a tahoe confirm this for me?

rsinclair

Reaction score
i have an 07 Tahoe with the chrome factory 20's and mine makes the same noise on turns.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe the power steering pump under strain if you're going lock to lock and holding.

FishNJ

Reaction score
GM had a STB out to change the PS fluid to the Valvoline SynPower Synthetic power steering fluid.