Noob thread, nice to find 'ya!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMC_SS_LDO

Reaction score
Evening all!

Recently purchased our Tahoe, Blue Granite 4x4 LT2 with Z71 package. We traded a 2004 Avalanche- kinda sad to see the Avalanche go with the functionality but the new interior, 4x4 option, integraded nerf style running boards and the additional seating (total seating for 8) were big pluses.

I really have to admit I am impressed with the overall driving experience of the Tahoe. The Z71 package adds the 2-tone seats, different paint scheme and gages which I REALLY like.

I am looking forward to poking around here and learning about this new ride.

I already have a couple of questions thought...... :umn:

It seems like this truck has less "uumph" than the previous Avalanche (at 1500 miles now). Is that a by-product of programming? What is are the best bang-for-the-buck performance mods?

The fuel mileage is much worse than I expected compared to the Avalanche (14 mpg vs 18 previously). This seems odd since the Avalanche was a heavier vehicle so I'm speculating why. I think the Tahoe has a lower rear end and it is a 4x4 (vice 2wd), but I figured the AFM would compensate..... :thk: Am I off base here?

Overall, I am very pleased with the new ride. Thanks in advance for the info!

v/r

Allen

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off Welcome Aboard!

Second, All noobs are required to post Pic's of their ride!

The best and easiest Mod is a programmer. there are many out so take your time and do some research. Many of the members here will also recommend a custom tune. but I would drive a bit longer before you start making any mods.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! The new GMT900s have a lot of torque management built in which is why you feel the "umph" isn't there. A programmer or a custom tune will take care of that, but be careful as removing it altogether can be dangerous. I'm one of the guys who will recommend the custom tune ;)