Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do an oil change, how do you reset the oil filter meter??

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the manual but I think you turn the ignition on and fully depress the accelerator 3 times, light should blink 5 times and it will be off once started.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I used the DIC to reset it. Man what a pain in the a$$ to change the oil, the filter is 3/4 over top of the skidplate, so when I started to unscrew the filter it began dropping oil all over the place. Any tricks or tips?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do mine on the alignment rack so I can lift the front quite a bit higher than the rear, I'd imagine some steel ramps could do the same but it is a poor design.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont laugh but i take a piece of aluminum foil and make like a catcher and lay it on the skidplate kinda angeling at the same time aiming the other end towards the old oil bucket..this catches the oil coming down and it pours into the old oil bucket.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there something different with an '02? 'Cause I only had a little dribble on the skid plate, and I whiped that off with the rag I used to whipe off the drain plug drips.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, same here. I'd say maybe 1/3-1/2 a quart comes flying out of there every time I do the filter, and it starts when I get it about halfway unscrewed. I have issues with oil getting all over the skidplate too, but this last time I did it with my truck partially backed out of my garage on an angle, so that helped alot. I might try the foil trick though, that sounds like a good idea. Or if I get a wild hair I might make some kind of catcher out of half a funnel or something...I'll have to see what works.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never really paid much attention, but how hard would it be to take the skid plate off? Or would it be too much of an effort for such a...trivial thing? It looks like it would just be a couple bolts?