P0101...New MAF still there...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03hizzoe

Reaction score
Guys, I'm having some issues with my 03 Tahoe. Everything is bone stock. I started getting an engine code of P0101...it would come and go. Seemed to come on when I was giving the Tahoe gas on acceleration and would get up to around 3000 to 3500 RPM. Went and put a new MAF in last night and drove the **** out of the truck without the code coming back. Went to work this morning again driving pretty hard and no code. Come out this afternoon and just driving normal and the damn light came back.

Any ideas? I checked to make sure the wiring conneciton to the MAF was not around anything that would cause interference.

Thanks for any help

DJay

Reaction score
There was a thread a while back where the guy had a similar problem. He cleaned his K&N and the problem went away. I just did what you did and the codes wouldn't stop until I cleaned my K&N and resealed it.
I also think the problem isn't helped by the Jiffy Lube (or whomever you use) guys jerking off the aid cleaner cover every five minutes.

larryz24

Reaction score
There was a thread a while back where the guy had a similar problem. He cleaned his K&N and the problem went away. I just did what you did and the codes wouldn't stop until I cleaned my K&N and resealed it.
I also think the problem isn't helped by the Jiffy Lube (or whomever you use) guys jerking off the aid cleaner cover every five minutes.

I had the same on my 03 while on vacation. I took my code reader and went to a Western Auto and bought MAF Sensor cleaner (CRC) and dielectric grease. Cleaned the sensor and lubed the electrical connection, cleared the code and all was OK for 2 days then it came back on, same code. I did a second thorough cleaning of the sensor and cleaned my K&N at the same time.....it has been 2 years now and no more code. Gotta keep that K&N clean.