Painted the Dash Bezel today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had lots of advice on the forum (thanks JK and others). Found a place in Arkansas (R & E Paint Supply) and ordered the plastic adhesion promoter and an exact match for my dash (medium pewter) - both SEM products. Used fine grit sanding paper and feathered the edges where the paint had rubbed off....put two light coats of the adhesion promoter, sanding lightly after each. When they were dried, applied 5 very light coats of the SEM paint - letting dry and lightly sanding after the first 3.

It turned out great - the dash looks almost new, and after a few days of curing I'll maybe hit it with a preservative to make it match the rest of the dash.

The worn paint on the dash was a real eyesore to me - glad to have it repaired! $25 worth of materials. Incidentally, R &E was great - if you need paint supplies and can't find them locally, I'd recommend.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had taken before - I'll add after pics to this post later but the cool thing is that it just looks 'normal'.....I think the real pleasure was finding out that the interior color could be exactly matched with the SEM paint - and thanks to JK for the tip!