painting bumper??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bolden3

Reaction score
just wondering how much work is it to paint the black part on the top of the bumper? and maybe a estimate on cost?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had two nasty chips on my front bumper, which is painted. I'm assuming you have a Tahoe where it's plastic instead of painted, but we're talking about the same area. I took it to one shop, and they said they'd take all the paint off the bumper and completely repaint for $400. I thought that was ridiculous, so I went to another shop. They just sanded the areas around the chips and re-sprayed the bumper for $150. The bumper literally looks brand new and now I've got a like-new ride. But you'd need an entire painting obviously.

Mine's Summit White which is also an easy color to match.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
r u talking about the plastic part thats on TOP of the bumper? If so I'm painting mine this week...so I'll let you know, I'm guessing it will be about 70-80 bucks to sand it down...and paint it

miketedeschi

Reaction score
Bolden,

if the plastic unpainted trim bothers you a lot, you might want to consider selling your truck and buying a different trim level. The availability of used trucks is very high, and the cost difference on used tahoes/yukons to z71/denali's is quite minimal.

If you havent modified your truck too muchalready, you might want to look into it. just a thought -

Mike