Park Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILoveMyHoe

Reaction score
My park assist stopped working about a month ago. It worked fine until one day it just stopped. It says "Park Assist Disabled" on the dash. When I hit the park assist button the yellow light just blinks and goes solid again. It wont let the park assist turn back on. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

TahoeJo

Reaction score
Hey,

The probability is that one(or more) of the 4 sensors in the rear bumper are probably shot. When the park assist has an issue it's 80-90% a sensor(s). It's usually the outer-most ones that go as they're not as protected as the 2 inner ones. That being said, my left inner one is shot right now, and needs replacement. You're going to have to get the code to determine which one it is, which means either going to the dealer, or somewhere with a scan tool that can read it. If it is a sensor, they come un-painted, so you will need to paint it with touch up paint unless your truck is black. You can get the color matched paint pen (that also has a brush built in) from the dealership. They're usually pretty cheap.

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
warning will always be there when you start the vehicle until the root of the problem is resolved. After starting you can acknowledge the warning by pressing the toppest button on the right of cluster until it displays back to the odometer.

Cindy Cation

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to turn the park assist off - for example, when we are pulling a boat or trailer. When we are done, turn it back on? Thanx

ILoveMyHoe

Reaction score
There is a button below the heat/ac buttons. It is beside the one that moves the pedals. It should have a "P" on it.