passanger a/c NFG, 2004 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cey800

Reaction score
Calling all experts. Old problem more questions. Recently the passanger side A/C started blowing only hot air and I don't mean my wife, she's always been like that.:D The driver side and rear controls work great. I've tried shutting the truck off and restarting with no luck. Tried turning all controls off and disconnected both terminals on the battery and left it over night, with no luck. So what can I try now and which device is the culprit? And can I remove the problem part and clean it? Any help or insight would be great, don't want to pay GM $90hr to change parts.

scott99zx6r

Reaction score
Passenger side blend door or blend door actuator problem. They use 2, 1 for each zone. Most likely the actuator is stuck on heat instead of a/c. Its the 1 on top of the heater box, the lower 1 is the drivers side.

Last edited:

cey800

Reaction score
Thanks Scott, where exactly is the heater box located. And can I clean or lube up the actuator to work properly?

cey800

Reaction score
Thanks again, reall appreciate all the help....this is what make this form what it is.:D:D:D

Scoottn1

Reaction score
Cold And Hot

Damn, I have the same problem. Did the actuator work? Please let me know?

dh04yuk

Reaction score
AC HOT?

I am in the EXACT SAME SITUATION but mine fixes itself after turning on and off the blower unit a few times. Has anyone fixed this issue and can share results?

LaOrange

Reaction score
AC / Heat

Hi All
Mine will go to full heat on one or sometime both sides sometime passenger
Sometime driver side Most times if I shut down the truck and restart a few times it will work ok But always worry it will not reset Any Thoughts???

Thanks
Michael
2004 Yukon