Passeenger side window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Reaction score
Front Passenger side window

I just got my 03 Tahoe and I love it! Of course it has a few issues with it, one being the passenger side window doesn't go down. It goes maybe 1/8 of an inch up and down and won't do anything after that. I'm used to the old style motors so these are something of a mystery to me. Does anyone knoe what to look for? It almost looks/sounds like something is in the way but I see and feel nothing getting in the way. How can you tell if the motor is bad itself? Anyway to test it without taking it out? If I can't figure it out I'm just going to buy another motor and call it a day.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

lafd55

Reaction score
take the door panel off and take a look, no harm in that. a couple screws hold the panel on and the slide the panel up and out and take a look. chances are it might be bad or something stuck.

Tonyrodz

Reaction score
I did and I wasn't able to see anything out of the ordinary. Anything I can do to check if the motor itself is bad? I've never messed with these type of window mmotors before. I'm old school GM.

lafd55

Reaction score
The motor might be worn or the switch itself. can't really tell you how to test them, sorry.

Tonyrodz

Reaction score
One of the cables was slightly frayed and that's what was stopping the window from going all the way down. I just yanked the old setup and put in new!