pedal squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wild oats

Reaction score
The brake pedal has a annoying squeak upon depressing, I've sprayed about everything with wd40 under there I can see, no results. sounds crazy, seems worse when it's cold out. anyone else had this one? thanks !

LastFbody

Reaction score
I have, though not on my Tahoe. This same thing would happens on my 94 Roadmaster whenever its less than ~50 degrees outside, or in the rain for some reason.

+1 to this thread, I bet the issue has similar origins.

wild oats

Reaction score
I have been told to use white lithium grease under on the pedal bushing.
I'll give that a go.

wild oats

Reaction score
I just sprayed under there with lithium, still doing it. have not got the spot yet, Amazing .

mrfish

Reaction score
My 2006 Tahoe does this whenever it rains! Very annoying. Replace hydro boost assembly?

wild oats

Reaction score
..Hey, Its got me, Soon as warmth gets to ,.......it stops! I've lubed everything under there.

mrfish

Reaction score
I believe we have to replace the hydroboost. $175 at partsgeek. How hard are these to replace? I too have lubed everything for years to no avail.

Prospect62

Reaction score
My truck doesn't have hydroboost and it makes the brake pedal squeak when it's very cold. Seems to me like an annoyance more than a problem to worry about. Certainly don't go replacing your hydroboost because of it.

wild oats

Reaction score
..Oh I won't !,..I just wish I knew what it is....Incredible- I can't find it. Thanks kev

rickcott

Reaction score
My 2003 Tahoe had a brake pedal squeak when you LET OFF of the pedal. Dealer said it was the boost - he did not have a stock unit so he installed a new unit from Advance. Squeak stopped but that unit transmitted a ton of feedback ( shaking ) thru the pedal.
Their "wizard" of a mechanic said that it would do that it you didn't turn the A/C on. Yeah, sure, in July or August in South Carolina - not unless you have a death wish - 104 degrees and 99 % humidity. Made him find a new GM one and swapped it out. Squeak stopped for about a month, then came back. Spent $320 in total - it's still squeaking.

wild oats

Reaction score
It's a hell of a mystery for sure, I'm just going to wait for warmer weather-It goes away, amazing for sure ,unreal we can't fix it. thanks for reply. kev

wild oats

Reaction score
temperature does not matter anymore, does it quite consistant, ..must be the hyd. boost
...has to be a b to replace.