Pioneer bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Well, I installed the Pioneer BT-200 bluetooth unit to my D3 so I can use the bluetooth hands free and audio from my phone. Couldn't get it to pair, then find out after the fact that it isn't compatible with PDAs and smartphones. This really bites. I like the handsfree interface with the D3; it uses a touchscreen dialpad on the screen, and you can transfer your phonebook via bluetooth over to the Pioneer unit. So now I'm trying to decide whether to ditch the Pioneer bluetooth or get a different phone. Oh well. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone with a PDA was possibly thinking about going with the Pioneer bluetooth interface. I'm going to check with my Pioneer rep and see if he knows anything about a newer compatible unit coming out anytime soon.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bluetooth on my 9600BT worked with my Tmobile MDA which is a smart phone. Dunno if the add on unit differs from the built in version in the unit/

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The bluetooth on my 9600BT worked with my Tmobile MDA which is a smart phone. Dunno if the add on unit differs from the built in version in the unit/
Yea, I remember being able to pair my phone with the 9600BT at the shop when it first came out a few months back, but I don't know what the deal is with the BT-200.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the d3 is a good unit thats what i have on my truck just got it about a month ago, even had to do the bypass for the dvd to play while in motion, its great too because you dont have to stop to input directions and i like the stock look to it. the only thing I do since the units zooms out in unknown areas when the disc is not inserted, what i did is i plotted several points with the disc around town and other cities then have the unit switch to memory mode that way you can still use the nav as a map in nearby cities

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the d3 is a good unit thats what i have on my truck just got it about a month ago, even had to do the bypass for the dvd to play while in motion, its great too because you dont have to stop to input directions and i like the stock look to it. the only thing I do since the units zooms out in unknown areas when the disc is not inserted, what i did is i plotted several points with the disc around town and other cities then have the unit switch to memory mode that way you can still use the nav as a map in nearby cities

I wanted that unit but I don't wanna be swaping disk, thats the only reason i'm waiting for the new kenwood. How do you guys like pioneer's navigation? My mom has the Garmin handheld, I liked it thats another reason I kinda want the kenwood.

mjbradeis

Reaction score
I too have the Kenwood DNX7100, and it works great with my Treo 700W. It does not bring over my address book, but that is cause my Treo uses Windows Mobile Outlook.