Planning on getting 24s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronnie125

Reaction score
Im planning to get 24s on my yukon but worried that it might change the smoothness of the ride. I currently have 18" stock rims. Can i have inputs on how your 24s ride on your tahoe or yukon. Does it rub? Plus summer is coming up soon ill probably be towing jet skies...thanks.

rodrign

Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon XL and have had 24's with 305/35/24 tires for the past month now. The ride is fine, smooth, a tad rough over bumps but nothing seriouse. The only major draw-back is a little heavier(of course). Gas mileage changed a tad on the "instant MPG". Rolls down to v4 less now that the truck is heavier. I did rub in the front inside the fender wells against the black plastic when I would make a FULL turn(forward & reverse) however its now worn down the plastic and no longer rubs. As for clearance, from tire to fender I have plenty! More than 6" in the rear and 4" in the front. I too pull a load(4 quads) and have no problems. Hope this helps!

Ronnie125

Reaction score
sounds good to me. now i feel better on getting the 24s. do you have a pic of your ride? thanks.

rodrign

Reaction score
you know I've been meaning to take pics, I'll take some pics this weekend and post them up. If you have TPMS, I highley recommend adding the sensors to your new rims. You really can't tell when you have a flat due to the low profile of the tires, I got a flat and didn't even know it!

DHall15

Reaction score
If you are in the market for some 24in rims and tires let me know, I have a set of TIS w/ hankook tires in my garage for sale.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not lowering the set up above is perfect, get a wheel with 25 to 35 offset. If lowering, go with a 295 35.

I have eibach kit with 24's and 295 35, only a little rubbing on the plastic when going around big turn going fast in the front.

If you see any wheels that you like from www.wheelpros.com let me know, get wholesale prices. I ran nitto 420s on mine, hankook are good tires also and really cheap.

JDizzy

Reaction score
Just making sure, all this information is true about an 07 tahoe right?

gkailley

Reaction score
Hi people I have a Suburban LT 4x4 and was looking to add 24's but was thinking maybe I should go with 22's because I also want to lug around a small speed boat. I'm not looking to change the suspension at all just the wheels. Does anyone have recommendations for what tires I should go with? what offset? or where to buy rims and tire packages from?

Thanks for the help and cheers.

Last edited: