******please Help, Car Wont Start. Security Light On*****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you leave it there...

...Make them "make good" on the manager's promise to take care of it! Let them keep it and provide you a loaner until it's fixed. Let the used car manager know how much you appreciate his assistance, and let the service manager know that if they don't take care of this as the used car manager has promised, you'll be contacting GM's district manager about your less-than-positive experience with their "service" and his bad attitude to a customer in this less-than-stellar economy. Remind him that you are no small part of reason they're still around and have jobs. Let the service manager know you're not hatin' on him, you just need this fixed right so you can offer a positive report on their service report card / survey. Maybe then he'll come around.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
But, would you even leave it? :D

Im thinkin, that they are not going to even bother starting the car, and at least if I do come get it.... I can make sure of the tests myself :D

At least, if it breaks again in the next month, hopefully the manager will remember me and tell them to take care of it. Or, do you think once I pick it up... I am pretty SOL? :confused:

Thanks again for your input :thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, I'd leave it. Why would you go thru the hassle of making an agreement with the used car sales manager to have them take care of it at their expense, then walk away from that before it's fixed? If you walk (er, drive) away now, then to them that means this problem isn't really that important to you, so why the freak should they care next time it happens?

If they say they can't duplicate the problem, and that they want you to replicate the issue, make them write everything up, including the free diagnostic and repair offer per the sales manager, so that if/when it does occur next, you have a leg to stand on when you take it back.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
12-8-08 ****UPDATE****

Truck is still at the stealership :(

They have replaced the following (under warranty of course due to my good negotiation skills :D )

Battery
Ignition System (Where you put the key)
Passlock 2 system
Alarm
Main ECU
Main Electrical Harness

Guess what????

these incompetent idiots still cant figure out whats going on... But, I did manage the following...

For my troubles, I demanded a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty :D Free of charge, and guess what? I'm getting it :lol:

Also, they are paying my first months payment, and putting in writing that once they release the vehicle to me, if this problem occurs again, that they will be refunding me my purchase price 100%

free rental car (I did not have an extended warranty, and they gave me this to shut me up)

in addition, I get free gas for a month :thumbsup: :lol:

I will fill you guys in once these idiots figure out the solution.

I think its something stupid, like a burred wire in the harness somewhere. Those ****ers should have listened to me from the get go, and inspected that first before spending all this money on all the extra BS it did not need :D

Ill let you guys know soon.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus you don't have the best luck, do ya? Good to hear they're gonna fix it up and make it right tho, best of luck dude :cheers:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome man -- SEE? I told ya. ;) Now, bottle up some of that love and ship it to me here in VA!

Like I said the other day: get it all in writing.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
That's awesome man -- SEE? I told ya. ;) Now, bottle up some of that love and ship it to me here in VA!

Like I said the other day: get it all in writing.

:D :D

You know what, I feel really bad for the used car sales man. Because, I was really harsh on him last Friday.

Yes, it is not really his problem that they can not find the mistake. But, someone has to own up to it, right?

I mean, I know if I bought this at any other dealership, they would have most likely told me to eff off. But, I guess I got lucky, and bought from the right dealership.

Man, at this rate.. I hope that they dont find the problem for at least another week :lol: Because, if they keep going at the pace they are at... I will have almost EVERY single part replaced on the car, and it will be deemed factory new :thumbsup: :lol:

JKJK... I just want my truck back :nonod: :rom2: Im so sick of driving this KIA :smilielol:

Thanks for everyone's concern! Now that all the electrical issues should be fixed once I pick it up, do you think that I would be barking up the wrong tree to complete this? or should I just not risk having the electrical fugged up again, :smilielol:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=13324

newdriver

Reaction score
it was the dealership's and gm's customer service that brought them to where they are right now, and they acknowledged it. they refuse or don't listen to what customer's were saying or telling them. good to hear that some dealerships are still in business and listening to customers .

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
I agree 100%

This service actually is what is going to motivate me to write a thank you letter to the DM of that dealership :thumbsup:

the_chosen1

Reaction score
dude this is fricking awesome story! if only all dealerships were like this! most service depts arent trustable and they OVER CHARGE everything. i only wish i could find a dealer service center like the one you are working with. hope they get everything done in a timely manner. KIA < ANYTHING

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
^^^ You have no idea of the amount of yelling, and threatening to sue that it took to get to this level though.

I am not the type of person that gets all sue happy (One because I cant afford an attorney :p ) but, it was the only way to get things rolling :D :thumbsup: