PLEASE search and read before you post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is getting a little out of hand lately. I love giving advice and answering questions. There really are no stupid questions HOWEVER...

If you spend a little time looking and reading other people's posts you may not have to ask the same question that has been asked and answered 10 times already today.:thumbsup:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is getting a little out of hand lately. I love giving advice and answering questions. There really are no stupid questions HOWEVER...

If you spend a little time looking and reading other people's posts you may not have to ask the same question that has been asked and answered 10 times already today.:thumbsup:

You haveing a bad day? :mpr:

I agree some of the questions get asked over and over agian but on the other hand you dont have to answer any of them if you dont want to. I dont see any moderater complaining. :cool2:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree, it takes very little effort to use the search engine. It is very apparent when somebody gets an account and asks a question without even doing a little research on their own... Or posting info about the Magnuson-Moss Act when there is already a STICKY for it! A little effort, its all we ask...then if you still have questions, we will be MORE than happy to oblige!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I see another "will this void my warranty" or "how to watch a DVD / what's a lockpick" question, I'll SCREAM! I agree, search first, ask questions later. To be fair, the search function isn't 100% perfect, BUT....you get the idea. [Are we incorrect in thinking that if someone is smart enough to get on their computer, search the Internet, find this forum, register, and post a question, that they're not "too ignorant" to use the search? I think things are pretty well-documented around here for the most part. I dunno; maybe it's just "extreme Interwebernet n00bage". My $.02.]

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont mind really as we were all new at one point. but

i think to fix this we need more stickes about questions like this,

a lockpic sticky
the void warrenty sticky ( im guilty of this)
how to fix BLA BLA BLA sticky
HID HEADLIGHTS STICKY ( i have seen aton of this)
gas milage stick statiting that it will get better with proper break in.
o yea, and an RT IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD STICKY, BOW DOWN TO HIM. :D

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really seem to mind because the forum is kind of small compared to a lot of Jeep forums that I am on (of course it is a new model and that has a lot to account for it) and without new people asking questions I might get bored and stop hangin' around here so much. Bring it on newbs, how come you are only getting 9 mpg when the sticker says 17, what size tires will fit on you 28 inch rims fool, how come I can't control my ipod from my steering wheel when I plug it into the aux port, where do I put my x-large diet coke when I am driving, the door or the center console, make my mind up for me on buckets or bench, I want to HELP!!!!!!!! Bring it on.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really seem to mind because the forum is kind of small compared to a lot of Jeep forums that I am on (of course it is a new model and that has a lot to account for it) and without new people asking questions I might get bored and stop hangin' around here so much. Bring it on newbs, how come you are only getting 9 mpg when the sticker says 17, what size tires will fit on you 28 inch rims fool, how come I can't control my ipod from my steering wheel when I plug it into the aux port, where do I put my x-large diet coke when I am driving, the door or the center console, make my mind up for me on buckets or bench, I want to HELP!!!!!!!! Bring it on.

I agree. :thumbsup:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one...

what the biggest tire/wheel combo and will work with my lowering kit.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to cause a fight but we had three of the same thread going yesterday. I tried to suggest a little reading of the current front page. A search wouldn't even have been necessary in this case.

It happens and will continue to happen. Old opics come back around about every two weeks or so but we shouldn't ge the same topic three times in one day.

Short list of favorites...

How do you remove the rear bowtie?

Where can I get painted bowties?

Oh so you painted yours. How did you...;)

wld4x4

Reaction score
I'm Guilty

I was new just a couple of weeks ago and did this very same thing about grill removal. I will say I am limited to the time on my computer and was trying to save time.:shy:

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal. It happens all the time...but certain circumstances almost make you laugh.:smilielol:

Glad to help where can though.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are, that this is a new forum where 90% of the members are "new". So, we need to keep this in mind as over time we will consolidate a list of stickys for everyone to see up top and also a common FAQ index.

But in all, its easy to answer and help a fellow member out if you have the time and patience, if not just skip the thread and click the next thread of interest. I would say, never allow a forum to become a source of stress. Its just a forum for us to enjoy. If repeat questions bother ya, then try not to feel so obligated to click on them and answer the newb Qs.

:cheers: