Potentially a new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The93rddoctor

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have the opportunity of buying a 1997 tahoe 4x4 with 140,xxx miles. My friend is selling it for $300 due to the catalytic converters being bad and not passing smog in California. I’m moving to Idaho, so smog won’t be an issue. The only thing I’m worried about is it’s sat for the past 3 years, being started and driven every other month or so. He said it needs a new battery and tires. Should I consider it since it’s sat, Or take a chance for the cheap price?

durk.jorgensen

Reaction score
Take the chance! Worse comes to worse part it out and make your money back before you know it

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two or four door?

If it runs and drives, $300 sounds like a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

durk.jorgensen

Reaction score
It’s a white 4 door. One thing that makes me feel better about it is that I know my friend drives like grandmas grandma, so I know it wasn’t abused or anything.
"like grandma's grandma" had me dying lol. What kind of rear hatch does it have? Barn door style or tailgate (pickup), style? I know that the tailgate style is more rare around where I am, I only know of one guy who had it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

The93rddoctor

Reaction score
It’s a barn door style. I went ahead and told him I’d buy it. The wife and I both got a job in Idaho, so we will need it. I’m just concerned with the 700 mile drive. I hope it doesn’t break down! Lol