Power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

812EnRoute

Reaction score
What year did they start with the folding mirrors were you push the right direction button and they fold? I have a 2000 LT Tahoe and when I installed some of my lights into the mirrors I don't think I saw any extra wires inside of it or motors. But then again I was not looking for them. I'll have to go and look to see if it works. It would be cool if it works.

812EnRoute

Reaction score
No did not work on my truck. I tried it a few times. I held it down for at least 10 secs each time. Must not have been an option at that point in time. I probably will make them power fold at a later point in time.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No did not work on my truck. I tried it a few times. I held it down for at least 10 secs each time. Must not have been an option at that point in time. I probably will make them power fold at a later point in time.

they didnt have power folding mirrors in 2000 they started in 2003.

03Yukon

Reaction score
My 03 Yukon had an intermitten mirror folding issue. Dealer quoted almost a grand to fix. With that motivation, I took it apart and after a lot of tinkering with it, found the connector inside the mirror to be incorrectly fitted into its slot. A simple fix but a lot of work taking it apart and going inside the motor which pulls the mirror in/out. It would appear to be a factory error on assembling the mirror.

Not sure if this will help but thought I would share.

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem was the driver's side mirror lens it was slightly out of place so my advise would be to check both mirrors and see if the lenses are loose, if so try pushing it back in place and this would solve the problem. Good luck

swirvdawg

Reaction score
Scorpio's solution also worked for my problem, thanks for the info.