power steering problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe00'

Reaction score
hi guys! i have a 2000 tahoe Lt, 2 days ago i had a problem with my pwr steering. i started the vehicle and noticed that my steering wheel was stiff i got out of the vehicle and check under the hood and i saw that one of the hoses connected to the recirculating ball and nut pop out. im nut sure if is the return hose, i am assuming that it is because it has a clamp. remind you that its was very cold when it happned. NOw, same issue happend last year (winter very cold) but all i did was, i clamp the hose back on and filled the reservior with pwr strng fluid and it work up until now. so i tried to do same thing, i clamp the hose back and filled the reservior and started the vehicle and rotated the steering wheel. nothing happned, pulley of strng pump is rotating but fluid is not beeing drawn and the steering wheel is still stiff. i was wondering if ANYONE HERE CAN HELP ME. THANKS

Macoy

Reaction score
Ewww...that's bad..sounds like the lack of streering fluid either killed the pump or the steering box. ...(My bet is on the pump..could go either way)

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remove belt and see if p/s pulley moves excesively inward and outward. if so, suspect broken pump shaft. happened to mine.