Pro Comp Lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that this is kind of an old discussion but I came across it and had some questions of my own. I have been doing a lot of research and really cannot find too many lifted Tahoe/Yukons out there anyways. I have been looking into the Pro Comp kit maily. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/6-in-Suspension-System-with-MX6-Shocks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=5491&t_pl=1808&t_pn=EXPK5072BMX

But came across the Superlift with Dual Front Bilstein Reservoir Shocks for about $100 more and you don't have to trim the Diff http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/6-in-Bracket-System-with-Bilstein-Reservoir-Shocks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=5491&t_pl=3909&t_pn=SUPK329R.

Anyone have a Superlift? Obviously they are the pioneering force behind the lifted revolution, with that many years experience how could they screw up right??

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pro comp kit has the front driveshaft which is almost necessary if you actually take it offroading.

superlift is fine but i still wouldnt pay any of those prices. 4 wheel parts is a great site to look stuff up but the best bet in buying the stuff is to have a friend who is in the business.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just using them as a reference. I work at a Car Dealership and know plenty of people. I decided to do this.
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/PC/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=8276
With the 1" Rear Spacers
http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/yukon.html
And BFG Mud Terrain KM2 33x12.5-17. I decided that I really spend more time on-road and just wanted some additional ground clearance. Don't need to go that far up with the amount of driving I do (350-400 miles weekly).

I think with this setup I will retain the stock ride, and even make it better with the new shocks. Basically I will install the rear spacers and crank the front to match. Have it aligned, and while my tires are off I wanted to powdercoat the wheels black. Then have the new meats put on. All "godfathered out" :).

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing i would worry about is those rear spacers, you may have the same rake as stock with those spacers since stock the front sits way down and the rear is up, with the new keys then you might have the same problem.

just a fyi those keys are way to expensive, if you go to a slavage yard and look for some ford keys(cant give the exact product number) but you can get those for about 20 bux at most.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Pro comp , it is a tremendously well built kit , I also plow with the truck , and after a year my alignment even after plowing is still perfect.

I chose it because it is a FULL DROP , which means the diff drops along with the suspension allowing better c.v angles and it allows you to run a STOCK wheel if you need to as I do to plow.

Pre NBS pro comp had issues, but 00 to 06 kits where made exceptionally well and I have yet to here of anyone who had any issues with a pro comp lift on any trucks 00 to 06

Looks great!

Blackout

Reaction score
I believe I Procomp lift as it looks like the diff was dropped too. It's a 6" but the rake is obnoxious so I will be lifting the front up some.

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

The Mawb

Reaction score
hey boostaholic where can i get a link to look at those pro comp black knight wheels?