Question for those with iPod Lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbrown02

Reaction score
I installed my new CoastaleTech iPod Lockpick the other day. But it seems to be acting strange and I don't know if its me or the device. Here's the situation.

I have an 07 Yukon XL Denali and setup the lockpick dip switch settings following the 29 BIT GMLAN Navigation Radio settings (per Coastaltech instructions). Here's the problem.

1) There are times when I go to change the Music search function (say instead of searching by Artist I want to select Album) and it stays stuck on the last search function I pressed. For example, I'll press the Album softkey and the beep sounds but the softkey doesn't appear to change the selection.

2) The softkey button for "Song" only displays "So". Very weird.

3) Lastly, I've got books on my ipod and I organize them so its easy to navigate books\chapters by Album\Song. However when I select an Album and list through the songs they don't appear in the same order they do on my iPod. So all the book chapters are essentially mixed up. It's a mess.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks

Steven

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I don't have the iPod or the associated lockpick for it from CoastalETech, I do have the regular nav lockpick. A general observation is that their harnesses are very tight connections, and you might possibly just have a loose/un-seated connection. Sorry I don't have anything better for ya, but you might just double-check things behind the dash...

sbrown02

Reaction score
Yea, I checked the harness first thing and it appears to be connected properly.

Hopefully, some others on this forum have experience with the iPod product and can help me out. Another thing I don't understand is it gives me the option to search music based on Genre. But if I select say Country and go back to the list of artists it still shows all my music and not the Country artists only. Either the user interface on this thing is a messed up, or maybe I've got a bad unit. Anyway, the software version says its 1.10z.